Reading Program for Adults
Our reading program for adults encourages you to Read Local @ your library!
Go to the library Information Desk to pick up your packet or sign up and participate online.
The program begins on December 1 and ends May 31.
Prizes for participating? YES!
Two drawings will be held: one during the first week of March and another during the first week of June. At each, two prize winners will receive a $50 gift card for their choice of The Book Table, Amazon.com, or Walmart, and ten other winners will be able to choose from a selection of smaller prizes.
Fill out online or print and bring the form to the library Information Desk.
What can I read?
Anything counts: books, newspapers, magazines, articles on the Web, listening to audiobooks, etc. If you are looking for a good book, check out some of reading suggestions found on our Books and Reading pages, our adult services librarians have put together a couple suggested reading lists, both fiction and nonfiction. Printable book list with reading suggestions and the Reading Program Instructions.
Participate in any or all of the following ways
- Reading Bookmarks
- Submit your hours read online or print a reading bookmark and keep track of the hours you read or listen to a book by marking the bookmark. Print or pick up additional bookmarks. (We don't care how or what you read.)
- All bookmarks turned in before the library closes on the February 28 & May 31 deadlines will be entered into the drawings (one entry for every five hours of reading).
- Book Reviews
- Write a short review of a book, audiobook or article you have read on the form included in the packet (print here) or the online form. See reviews from other participants in the Reading Program.
- Submit or return the completed review to the Information Desk before the library closes on the February 28 & May 31 deadlines for an entry into the drawings (one entry per review).
- Reading Bingo
- Read books fitting the descriptions in five boxes in a row (vertical, horizontal, diagonal) on the bingo sheet provided and mark off the boxes as you finish them (one entry per box).
- Return the completed bingo sheet to the Information Desk before the library closes on the February 28 & May 31 deadlines for entries into the drawings (five entries per bingo).
- Join Us on Facebook
- Join in the discussion online: One entry per post or comment.