Computers and Internet Access
The Logan Library provides computers that are available to be used by the public. All of our computers are loaded with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Access) as well as Internet browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and Edge). Other programs include Adobe Acrobat Reader, Paint and Paint 3D, VLC Media Player, Groove Music, and Notepad. The computers are available for 15 minutes, 1 hour, or 2-hour sessions.
A Logan Library Card is required to sign-up for a computer. We also offer visitors a one-time computer guest pass for $1.00.
We also have an assistive technology computer for blind and visually impaired patrons, a digital media lab, and we provide wireless Internet access throughout the Library.
To protect your privacy, files saved on library computers are erased after each computer session. Once the session expires there is no way to retrieve unsaved information or information saved on the computer's hard drive.
All of the computers print to a high-quality color laser printer. Black and White printouts are 10 cents per page. Color printouts are 25 cents per page.
The Logan Library provides open, unencrypted wireless Internet access throughout the library. The wireless network is not secure. Information sent to and from your laptop can potentially be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software.Computer Policies
Computer users agree to the following computer policies and any other posted policies:
- Restriction of a child's access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Viewing or downloading pornographic, obscene, or illegal materials is not allowed.
- Do not make changes to the setup or configuration of software or hardware.
- Do not turn off computers. Report problems to the Reference Librarian on duty.
- Computers are available from 10:00 am to 5 minutes before closing.