Press Release - New Logan Library Final Design
We are pleased to announce that the final design plan of the new Logan Library was shown at the City Council meeting on Tuesday, September 7, 2021. The plan is available on our website, library.loganutah.org. The new Logan Library will be built on our existing location. We will need to move to a temporary location during demolition and construction.
The temporary location of the Logan Library will be at the Logan City Service Center, 950 W 600 N. This location does not allow a browsing collection. Instead, we will have a “pick-it-up” curbside option for patrons to pick up their items they have placed on hold. We are planning to do more outreach by taking our story times on the road to visit various parks during the summer. Other outreach activities are being planned as well.
Tentative timeline for the library move, demolition, and construction:
- December 2021
- The library will close to the public for approximately one month.
- The library’s collections will be packed.
- Part of the library collections will be in storage and will not be accessible during construction.
- January 2022
- The library will be moved to the Logan City Service Center.
- A public surplus sale will be held.
- February 2022
- The library will open at the temporary location, the Logan City Service Center.
- Demolition of the existing library will begin.
- March 2022
- Construction on the new building will begin!
- Spring/Summer 2023
- The new Logan Library will open!!
For additional information, contact Associate Librarian Morgan Taylor at 435-716-9126.