Your New Logan Library
WE'RE MOVING – at last!
- The library will be closed for approximately two months to pack and move from our temporary location to the new building.
- Beginning Monday, October 2nd, we will begin checking MOST items out for fifteen weeks to allow for gradual returns after we open.
- Interlibrary Loan and Book Buzz Kit due-dates will not change, as we need to return these items to other libraries on their schedule.
- Please don't bring items back early if you don’t need to - we can't handle everything coming back on the first day in the new building.
- Friday, October 6th, will be the last day we accept requests for purchasing new items or for interlibrary loans.
- Friday, October 13th, will be the last day to place holds on any items.
- Between Monday, October 15th, and Friday, October 27th, the 950 W 600 N location will remain open for using the computers and the copy machine and for checking out arrived holds only. No other items may be checked out.
- The outside bookdrops at the 950 W 600 N location will remain available until the new library opens in January. No other services will be available during November and December.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the new Library going to open?
The new Logan Library will open sometime in January 2024
What is the square footage of the new Library?
The square footage of the new library is 35,000 square feet.
Will there be more parking for the new library and City Hall?
The parking lot is being reconfigured and a plaza is planned for the new Library.
What will the children's area look like?
The new children's area will be bright and colorful with a fun mural by Traci O'very Covey
Remarks from Mayor Daines and Library Director Karen Clark
2020 New Library Presentation