New Logan Library Design
April 18 Groundbreaking Ceremony
Groundbreaking and Gift Announcement Press Release
Updated Plans for the Children's Area
March 23, 2022 Updated Rendering for Children's Area
September 7, 2021 - City Council Presentation
With Audio, As Presented to the City Council
Parking and Conceptual Landscape
Click the image below for FAQs.
As many of you know, the Logan Library will relocate while our new library is built in our current location. To facilitate this move, some services will be suspended while we are in transition.
Monday, November 8, 2021
- Requests for interlibrary loans and new materials will be suspended from November 8, 2021 to January 31, 2022 while we move to the temporary location.
Friday, December 3, 2021
- Last day the old Logan Library will be open!!
Monday, December 6, 2021 - Friday, January 28, 2022
- The Library is temporarily closed for our move.
- All online services will be available while we are closed including Hoopla, Overdrive, Freegal, Mango, Creative Bug, and Universal Class.
- All items will have a due date of January 31, 2022.
- The drive-up book drop will remain open until December 23, 2021.
Monday, January 31, 2022
- The Library will open in our temporary location at 950 West 600 North, Logan, Utah (Logan City Service Center).
- Most of our collection will be available for you to request. We will have a very small browsing collection of new items located in the small lobby area.
- Requests for interlibrary loans and new materials will be available.
- Services provided include:
- Curbside Pick-It-Up
- 2 Internet Computers and Printing
- Copy Machine
- Watch our website and social media sites for more information about outreach storytimes and other programs.
- Friendly staff members will recommend titles and help place holds by phone or through our website.
- Take and Make craft kits for kids as well as other surprises for all ages will be available.
- There is no meeting room space in our temporary location.
- The Logan Library will open in our new building!!!! We will keep you updated on construction as well as plans for reopening.
How you can help?
- We are taking monetary donations for the New Library! We have allocated funding for construction costs of the new building and plaza areas. We are accepting donations for architectural embellishments and upgrades for the following areas:
- Children's area
- Teen/Tween area
- Makerspace area
- Outdoor Terraces
Donations are tax-deductible and we can accept checks or cash in person or by mail and credit card payments by telephone. I hope you will join with us to create a beautiful new library! Please contact me if you have any questions.
Logan Library Director