The Logan Library has the following policies to ensure fair and equitable use of library materials.
Library CardYou must present your library card or government issued photo ID to check out library materials.
Checkout PeriodsAll library materials can be checked out for 21 days with the following exceptions:
- Videos, DVDs, flags, games, magazines, and all items in the Holiday collection check out for 7 days.
- Reference books, newspapers, microfilm, maps, and items in Special Collections cannot be checked out.
Checkout LimitsYou can check out up to 50 items at a time on your card, with a limit of 25 DVDs.
RenewalsMost library materials can be renewed up to two times as long as another patron does not have the item on hold. You can renew items in person, over the telephone, or through our web site. Your library card is required to renew library materials.
To renew items using our web site:
- Go to My Account.
- Log in with your Library Card Number (all 14 digits) and your PIN.
- Click the Checkouts tab.
- Select the items that you want to renew. Then click the Renew button.
HoldsIf the item you would like to borrow is checked out, you can place the item on hold. When you place an item on hold, you will be placed on a list with other patrons who are waiting for the item. When the item is available for you to check out, you will receive a notice in the mail or via email. You can place a hold in person, over the telephone or through our web site. Your library card is required to place a hold.
To place a hold using our web site:
- Locate the item you would like to put on hold in the Library Catalog.
- Click the Place Hold link.
- Type in your library card number and pin. Then click the Place Hold button.
Holds Notices, Overdue Notices, and Due-Date RemindersThe Library sends out notices to inform you that:
- Items placed on hold are available to be picked up.
- Items checked out are due to be returned in two days (email only).
- Items checked out on your card that are eligible have been automatically renewed (email only).
- Items checked out on your card are overdue.
- You are being billed for an item that was never returned.
To signup for email notifications:
- Go to My Account.
- Click the Send a Request link and choose Change of Address.
- Type your email address in the form and click the Submit button.
Overdue FinesThe library charges overdue fines of 10¢ per item per day up to a maximum of $5.00 per item.
Overdue fines for an item acquired through interlibrary loan are $1.00 per day up to a maximum of $10.00 per item. Additional fees may be assessed by the lending library for items returned late or in poor condition.
The library charges for materials that are lost or are intentionally damaged. The cost for a lost or damaged item will be the replacement cost of that item plus a processing fee.
When the amount of fines owed on a library card exceeds $10.00, the card is blocked until the fines are paid.