You are posting a comment about...
5 Books about Life in School
School has started again. Get into the spirit with these 5 books about academic life.
- Cheater by Michael Laser
- When brilliant high school student Karl Petrovsky gets talked into participating in an elaborate cheating operation at his school, he ends up involved in a bigger problem than he ever anticipated.
- A Field Guide to High School by Marissa Walsh
- Andie will be starting high school in the fall. Her big sister, Claire, the super-popular valedictorian, has put together a guide that covers everything a freshman needs to know. But sometimes Andie wonders if Harvard-bound Claire got everything right.
- If a Tree Falls at Lunch Period by Gennifer Choldenko
- Kirsten and Walk, seventh-graders at an elite private school, alternate telling how race, wealth, weight, and other issues shape their relationships as they and other misfits stand up to a mean but influential classmate, even as they are uncovering a long-kept secret about themselves.
- New Rules of High School by Blake Nelson
- Seventeen-year-old Max Caldwell has been the perfect high school student--on the honor roll, captain of the debate team, and soon-to-be editor of the school newspaper--but during his senior year, he begins questioning his approach to life and things start to change.
- Schooled by Gordon Korman
- Homeschooled by his hippie grandmother, Capricorn (Cap) Anderson has never watched television, tasted a pizza, or even heard of a wedgie. But when his grandmother lands in the hospital, Cap is forced to move in with a guidance counselor and attend the local middle school. While Cap knows a lot about tie-dyeing and Zen Buddhism, no education could prepare him for the politics of public school.
What are your favorite books about school? Share your answers in the comments section.