5 Books to Keep You Up at Night
Too old for trick or treating? Try getting into the Halloween spirit by reading one of these spooky tales.
- Cirque du Freak : A Living Nightmare by Darren Shan
- Two boys who are best friends visit an illegal freak show, where an encounter with a vampire and a deadly spider forces them to make life-changing choices.
- Curse of the Campfire Weenies and Other Warped and Creepy Tales by David Lubar
- Thirty-five creepy stories about pigeons, ancient predators, Girl Scouts, and other terrifying things.
- Jade Green by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- While living with her uncle in a house haunted by the ghost of a young woman, recently orphaned Judith Sparrow wonders if her one small transgression causes mysterious happenings.
- Spirit by Jason Hightman
- In 1892, a wealthy, seventeen-year-old married couple, Tess and Tobias Goodraven, lay ghosts to rest for the thrill of it but, separated by the terrible witch who was responsible for the Salem witchcraft horrors, they may not have strength to survive, much less help the dead.
- The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
- After fifteen-year-old Chloe starts seeing ghosts and is sent to Lyle House, a mysterious group home for mentally disturbed teenagers, she soon discovers that neither Lyle House nor its inhabitants are exactly what they seem, and that she and her new friends are in danger.
For more chill-inducing tales try our list of Horror and Supernatural Novels for Teens
Posted By Logan Library - Teen Talk at 12:44 PM in Category:5 Books