5 Books about Life in School
School has started again. Get into the spirit with these 5 books about academic life.
- Cheater by Michael Laser
- When brilliant high school student Karl Petrovsky gets talked into participating in an elaborate cheating operation at his school, he ends up involved in a bigger problem than he ever anticipated.
- A Field Guide to High School by Marissa Walsh
- Andie will be starting high school in the fall. Her big sister, Claire, the super-popular valedictorian, has put together a guide that covers everything a freshman needs to know. But sometimes Andie wonders if Harvard-bound Claire got everything right.
- If a Tree Falls at Lunch Period by Gennifer Choldenko
- Kirsten and Walk, seventh-graders at an elite private school, alternate telling how race, wealth, weight, and other issues shape their relationships as they and other misfits stand up to a mean but influential classmate, even as they are uncovering a long-kept secret about themselves.
- New Rules of High School by Blake Nelson
- Seventeen-year-old Max Caldwell has been the perfect high school student--on the honor roll, captain of the debate team, and soon-to-be editor of the school newspaper--but during his senior year, he begins questioning his approach to life and things start to change.
- Schooled by Gordon Korman
- Homeschooled by his hippie grandmother, Capricorn (Cap) Anderson has never watched television, tasted a pizza, or even heard of a wedgie. But when his grandmother lands in the hospital, Cap is forced to move in with a guidance counselor and attend the local middle school. While Cap knows a lot about tie-dyeing and Zen Buddhism, no education could prepare him for the politics of public school.
What are your favorite books about school? Share your answers in the comments section.
Posted By Logan Library - Teen Talk at 3:43 PM in Category:5 Books