5 Reel Good Books
and Harry Potter
aren't the only young adult books to be put on film. Check out this list of five more young adult books that got made into movies.
- Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen by Dyan Sheldon
- In her first year at a suburban New Jersy high school, Mary Elizabeth Cep, who now calls herself "Lola," sets her sights on the lead in the annual drama production, and finds herself in conflict with the most popular girl in school.
- Hoot by Carl Hiaasen
- Roy, who is new to his small Florida community, becomes involved in another boy's attempt to save a colony of burrowing owls from a proposed construction site.
- Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
- Eldest of three sisters in a land where it is considered to be a misfortune, Sophie is resigned to her fate as a hat shop apprentice until a witch turns her into an old woman and she finds herself in the castle of the greatly feared wizard Howl.
- Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn
- Told in alternating chapters, this he said/she said romance is a sexy, funny roller coaster of a story about one date over one very long night, with two teenagers who are just trying to figure out who they want to be.
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
- During their first summer apart, four teenage girls, best friends since earliest childhood, stay in touch through a shared pair of secondhand jeans that magically adapts to each of their figures and affects their attitudes to their different summer experiences.
Posted By Logan Library - Teen Talk at 4:26 PM in Category:5 Books