5 Presidential Picks
In honor of today's Presidential Inauguration, here are five books about teens with their own presidential connections and aspirations.
- All-American Girl by Meg Cabot
- A sophomore girl stops a presidential assassination attempt, is appointed Teen Ambassador to the United Nations, and catches the eye of the very cute First Son.
- First Boy by Gary D. Schmidt
- Dragged into the political turmoil of a presidential election year, fourteen-year-old Cooper Jewett, who runs a New Hampshire dairy farm since his grandfather's death, stands up for himself and makes it clear whose first boy he really is.
- First Daughter: Extreme American Makeover by Mitali Perkins
- During her father's presidential campaign, sixteen-year-old Sameera Righton, who was adopted from Pakistan at the age of three, struggles with campaign staffers who want to give her a more "all-American" image and create a fake weblog in her name.
- Freshman for President by Allyson Braithwaite Condie
- Tired of not being noticed, fifteen-year-old Milo decides to run for president of the United States, and through the course of the campaign, he discovers that he--and other teenagers--can make a real difference.
- Long Live the Queen by Ellen Emerson White
- The President's daughter is a victim of kidnapping by terrorists.
Posted By Logan Library - Teen Talk at 3:56 PM in Category:5 Books