What is HeritageQuest?
HeritageQuest is a collection of online resources for genealogical research, including:
- US Censuses from 1790-1930.
- Over 20,000 books including 8,000 family histories and 12,000 local histories.
- Other primary source documents such as tax lists, city directories, probate records, and more.
- Periodical Source Index (PERSI), covering more than 6,300 genealogy and history periodicals written in English and French (Canada) since 1800.
- Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Application Files.
- Freedman's Bank Records.
How do I Access HeritageQuest
Go to the Logan Library's HeritageQuest subscription.
Who Should Use HeritageQuest?
Anyone interested in genealogical research or early US history.
What Subjects Does HeritageQuest Cover?
- Early US History
Can I Use HeritageQuest from Home?
Yes. You will need your Library Card number and Pin number to login to HeritageQuest from home.
How Can I Get More Help with HeritageQuest?
Click the Help link in the upper right corner of the screen, or Ask a Librarian.
What Other Databases Should I try?
If you are interested in HeritageQuest, you might find the following databases useful:
- Ancestry Library Edition
- Contains a wealth of genealogical data, with a focus on the United States. Access in the Library Only.
- Useful for locating obituaries for deaths occuring in the last 10 years.
FAQ Provided by Pioneer