Bring your little ones to Nature Tales for weekly story time, nature craft, and fresh air (geared toward Ages 2-6). Park at the Stokes Nature Center Trailhead and walk to the SNC building (0.2 miles). The path is gravel so sturdy strollers or wagons are recommended if you're using one.
- September 12th: Jamberry by Bruce Degen. Afterward, we will be finger painting our own basket of berries!
- September 19th: A Seed is Sleepy by Dianna Asten. Afterward, we'll be going on a seed hunt and making a seed collage!
- September 26th: Becoming Butterflies by Anne Rockwell. Afterward, we'll check out Stokes' collection of butterflies from around the world and make our own watercolor butterfly to take home!
- October3rd: Leaf Man by Lois Elhert. Afterward, we'll be going on a leaf hunt and making our own leaf people!
- October 10th: Honeybees by Deborah Heiligmen. Afterward, we'll visit Stokes' own bee hotel and paint a bubble wrap beehive!
- October 17th: Because of an Acorn by Lola Schaefer. Afterward, we'll be recycling old crayons to make an acorn craft!
- October 24th: Pumpkin Pumpkin by Jeanne Titherington. Afterward, we'll be cutting open a pumpkin to explore what's inside, as well as making textured pumpkins using crayon rubbing!
- October 31st: The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson. Afterward, we'll be making our own gruffalo and mouse headbands. Happy Halloween!
- November 7th: Every Autumn Come the Bear by Jim Arnosky. Afterward, we'll build our won hibernation fort and make a hibernating bear craft!
- November 14th: Snowballs by Lois Elhert. Afterward, we'll be making our own snow creations using puffy paint and found objects. Join us for the last Nature Tales of the season!
11:00 am - 11:30 am Wednesdays,|
|Date:||September thru November 2018|
Stokes Nature Center
2696 U. S. Highway 89 (Logan Canyon)
Logan, UT 84321