Join us on the first Saturday of each month from 10:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M. Topics change every month! Learn traditional dances, listen to music, eat authentic food, and make fun hands-on arts and crafts projects! Programs are designed to be entertaining for the whole family. Arts and crafts activities are selected to engage kids from ages 3 to 12 and those who are young at heart. Best of all, our Family 1st Saturdays programs are FREE!
- February 2nd:
- Homes are where the heart is! Join us as we take a leap back into time and learn about different styles of homes across the world! If you've ever wondered why houses look the way they do, you won't want to miss this!
- March 2nd:
- Culture of the Maya! You'd be surprised what the Mayans did and why! Come by and find out how advanced their culture really was.
- April 6th:
- Egyptians Death on the Nile! Join us as we explore what happened on the infamous Nile River! Come and help us build our Egyptian sarcophagus exhibit! You voted and we listened! This exhibit was the #1 most requested theme.
- May, 4th:
- Vikings! You think you know everything about Vikings? Join us and break myths about their history. Come by and don't be shy! We have have plenty of hands on activities.
- June 1st:
- Horses and Humans! Have you ever wondered how they became such good partners? Come to our monthly event and find out why! Come ready to learn and play. There will be activities for all ages!
- July 6th:
- Have you ever been to the land down under, AKA Australia? If not come by this Saturday and explore the diverse cultures and history from this country. Australia is a special country that we often don't hear much about. Come by and find out why it is so unique!
- August 3rd:
- Join us in the Museum of Anthropology as we explore the world of women's rights and efforts to resolve inequality. Participate in our some activities and check out the museum's exhibits!
- September 7th:
- Games, History of Fun! If you love games you'll love this event! Join us as we explore games throughout the world and how they are played.
- October 12th:
- Start the Halloween season off right by coming to our Mythical Creatures event! Join us as we dress up as our favorite creatures and learn more about them! Costumes are optional and please dress family friendly.
- November 2nd:
- Our favorite event of them all! Join us as we explore culture through food. Come hungry and bring a friend! We do this event once a year and it is always a hit! Don't miss out!
- December 7th:
- Weaving & Beading!
10:00 am to 2:00 pm 1st Saturdays,|
Museum of Anthropology Old Main, Room 252
Utah State University
Logan, UT 84322