USU's School of Veterinary Medicine presents a lecture from D. Aubrey H. Fine, Ed.D, Opening Up A New Frontier: The Role Of Human Animal Interaction In Education.
- Current trends for animals to be incorporated in educational settings.
- Research findings on the value of animals in school-based settings for children.
- The various roles that animals can play and how they can be incorporated in school settings, and the benefits.
- The importance of the welfare for all parties involved: teachers, children and animals.
- Challenges that may occur as a result of having animals work in school-based programs.