Helicon West is an open-mic reading/featured readers series for local poets and writers. Creative writers are invited to read up to 7 minutes of their original work. Arrive early to sign up. Readings are free, open to the public and uncensored.
Helicon West provides a regularly-scheduled place and time for members of the writing community to give their work a public voice, with no restrictions on levels of skill and no censorship of ideas or craft. Publication of readers' work is a main goal.
Sponsored by the USU Writing Center and the Logan Library.
Listed below are details on some upcoming events:
Fall Schedule 2019: Events held in Jim Bridger Room
- September 12th: Rob Carney
- September 26th: Danielle Dubraskey, UH Book Festival
- October 10th: Star Coulbrooke and Sunni Wilkinson, UH Book Festival
- October 24th: Nancy Takacs & Jan Minich, UH Book Festival
- November 14th: Danielle Susi Ditmore & Ryan Ridge
- December 5th: Jennifer Sinor Graduate Class, River of Words
Spring Schedule 2020: Events held in Jim Bridger Room, unless otherwise noted.
- January 9th: All Open Microphone
- January 23rd: Chad Anderson, Gay Mormon Dad blogger & Josi Russell, fantasy author
- February 13th: Natalie Young & Nano Taggart, poets & editors of Sugar House Review
- February 27th: Nate Hardy, spoken word poet, rapper, and lyricist
- March 12th: Amber Caron & Natalie Rogers, fiction writers
- March 26th: Bull Pen
- April 9th: Poetry at 3
- April 23rd: USU Creative Writing Contest Winners, Merrill Cazier Library 101, Utah State University.