Wireless Internet Access
The Logan Library provides free wireless Internet access throughout the entire library.
How Do I Use Wireless Internet At The Library?
Most users can simply bring their wireless-enabled laptop computer or other wireless device to the Library and turn it on. The computer will automatically recognize the wireless network, and you will be connected to the Internet.
Do I Need Any Special Settings Or Passwords to Connect?
No special encryption settings, user names, library card numbers, or passwords are required.
What Are The Hardware Requirements to Access The Wireless Network?
To access the Library's wireless network you need a wireless-enabled laptop computer or other wireless device. If your laptop does not have wireless built-in, you must purchase a WiFi-compatible network card. The Library cannot guarantee your equipment will work with the Library's network.
How Do I Configure My Computer to Connect to the Wireless Network?
In order to connect to our wireless network, your laptop must be configured to detect wireless networks and automatically obtain an IP address. Most laptops are already set-up this way. If you need assistance configuring your computer, consult the owners manual.
Can the Library Help Me Configure My Computer?
Sorry, everyone's computer is different and you are responsible for knowing how to configure your own equipment. The Library cannot be responsible for any changes you make to your computer's settings. If you need additional assistance, you may need to contact the hardware or software manufacturer.
Can I Print On the Library's Wireless Network?
Yes! Computers running Windows 2000, XP, or Vista 32 Bit can print to our public printing station.
To Print Wirelessly
- Download the LPT:One Wireless Print Client here.
- Install the Print Client on your computer.
- From FireFox:
1. Click Save File.
The Installer (clientlauncher.exe) is shown in the Downloads Manager.
2. Click Open to run the installer.
Firefox displays the Open Executable File Dialog box.
3. Click OK.
- From Internet Explorer:
1. Click Run to run the installer (clientlauncher.exe) from its current location.
Internet Explorer displays a Security Warning dialog box.
2. Click Run.
- The LPT:One Wireless Print Client is installed on your computer. The installation can take up to one minute. When the print client is finished installing you will see a program called LPT:One Print Client on your computer's taskbar. Keep the LPT:One Print Client open until you are finished printing.
- Two new printers will appear on your computer.
- Send your print job to one of the new printers and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Retrieve your print job from the public print station behind the Reference Desk.
- When you are done printing, close the LPT:One Print Client. This will remove the library's public printers from your computer.
- Printouts cost $.10 per page for black and white and $.25 per page for color.
- Your print job will expire and be deleted from the print queue 3 hours after you send it.
- Wireless printing is not available for computers running Mac, Linux, or Windows 7 operating systems.
Limitations and Disclaimers
- The Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent to and from your laptop can potentially be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
- Library staff are not able to provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Library's network.