LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description
1
"Pathfinder" Touring car
Logan Canyon
about 1910
Roy Cardon sits on his 1908 "Pathfinder". Roy's car was one of the first in Logan.

Picture ID: 6L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
2
A&W Root Beer Drive In
701 North Main
1973
This image shows the A&W restaurant when the construction was finished in 1973.

Picture ID: 204

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)
3
A&W Root Beer Drive In
701 North Main
1973
This image shows the A&W restaurant as the construction began in 1973.

Picture ID: 203

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)
4
Aaron D. Thatcher House
63 East 100 South
about 1976
This house was built in 1904 by Aaron D. Thatcher. Thatcher was at one time the general manager of A.D. & M/ Thatcher Company, Thatcher Union Mills Company, and Thatcher Brothers Bank. He came to Cache Valley in 1836 from Illinois.

Picture ID: 246

Source: Community Development Photo Collection
5
Agricultural Equipment in Petersboro
Petersboro, Utah
July 1910
Agricultural equipment in Petersboro, Utah, July 1910. Big 4 gas tractor is on the left. To the right of a sign announcing "Petersboro Spur" is a flat car carrying the latest model case metal body separator thresher with power feeder and blower for stacking straw.

Picture ID: 9L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
6
Al's Fix-It Shop
25 West 600 North
about 1976
Owned by Alfred C. Peterson, this shop specialized mostly in fixing lawnmowers. He is remembered for his honesty and kindness and passed away in 1983.

Picture ID: 150

Source: Community Development Photo Collection
7
Al's Sporting Goods
99 West Center
1973
Al's Sporting Goods has been found in a variety of locations through the years. Stork's Landing, a store featuring child and infant products, is in this building currently. Also viewable in image is Earl's Printing Company.

Picture ID: 184

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)
8
Anderson Lumber Truck
Center Street and Main
July 25, 1930
This photograph taken during the 1930 24th of July Parade shows a drum of raffle tickets on the bed of an Anderson Lumber Company truck.

Picture ID: 7L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
9
Baugh Motel
153 South Main
about 1965
The Baugh Motel was built in 1915.

Picture ID: 64

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
10
Baugh Motor Company
140 South Main Street
about 1976
The Baugh Motor Company was owned and operated by Dean C. and Wilford P. Baugh. The building is no longer standing.

Picture ID: 227

Source: Community Development Photo Collection
11
Bear River Dam
Cutler Canyon
1894
The dam was built to divert water to canals for irrigation in Box Elder Valley.

Picture ID: 34L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
12
Big Boy Steam Engine
Ogden Train Depot
Spring 1982
In the Spring of 1982 this old steam engine came down out of Weber Canyon. It's indicative of the old time engines which used to come in and out of Logan.

Picture ID: 1L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
13
Blair Motor Company
61 West 100 North
about 1920
Clarence & Alvin Nielsen repairing a car in Blair garage. The garage was housed in a building which at one point held the Logan City offices and then later the First District Court. It has since been demolished.

Picture ID: 5L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
14
Bridgerland Motel
43 East 100 South
about 1976
Built in 1940, this motel has been in use for many years. It is currently the Old Trapper Inn.

Picture ID: 245

Source: Community Development Photo Collection
15
Brigham Young College - West Building
150 South and 300 West
about 1910
The west building of Brigham Young College, now part of Logan High School. It remains the only building of the college left standing. Image also includes unknown old pioneer stone house.

Picture ID: 19L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
16
Cache Chamber of Commerce
52 West 200 North
about 1980
The old Cache Chamber of Commerce building was also home to the DUP museum.

Picture ID: 115

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
17
Cache Chamber of Commerce
52 West 200 North
about 1980
The old Cache Chamber of Commerce building was also home to the DUP museum.

Picture ID: 114

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
18
Cache Chamber Opening Event
370 North Main
1958
Picture taken at the Cache Chamber of Commerce grand opening. Pictured from left to right: Newell Winget (Winget Ice Cream), William Owens (mayor), Willard Poulson (Utah Mortgage & Loan), Eldred Waldron (Logan Savings & Loan), Ezra Cragun (Chamber President), Bus Berntson (USU Financial Advisor), unknown, Earl Hunsaker (mayor), John Clay, Gordon Haws, and Eldred Waldron.

Picture ID: 116

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People
19
Cache County Fairgrounds
400 South 500 West
1912
This is an early view of the Cache County Fairgrounds. The first Cache County Fair was held September 26 to 28, 1911 in a Logan City park, an area of over 40 acres in the southwest part of the city.

Picture ID: 4L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
20
Cache County Fairgrounds
450 South 500 West
about 1980


Picture ID: 275

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Scenery
clear
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16    Next Page
clear