LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection. Submit your photo to be included in the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

"Pathfinder" Touring car
Logan Canyon
about 1910
Roy Cardon sits on his 1908 "Pathfinder". Roy's car was one of the first in Logan.

Picture ID: 6L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

"The Cascade"
Logan Canyon
about 1940
A postcard image of a waterfall in Logan Canyon.

Picture ID: 472

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

(Believed to Be) Cassie Williamson
255 North Main
October 2005
Library employee.

Picture ID: 768

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

100 North Eastward
44 to 96 West 100 North
2008
Looking East on 100 North from the Ranchera Grocery store to the U and I Furniture Store buildings.

Picture ID: 995

Source: Patricia Record Collection

100 South to Center
Main Street
2008
This view is the same as the photograph taken in 1919. The depot building is still there and the Eccles theater has enhanced the buildings there earlier.

Picture ID: 935

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

101 to 179 North Main Street
101-179 North Main
2008
Cache Valley Bank, The Sportsman, Needham Jewelry and Cache County Offices are the largest buildings on this block.

Picture ID: 1047

Source: Patricia Record Collection

102 to 124 North Main
102-124 North Main
2008
Right to Left: Seeholtzer Vision Center, King Hair, Hickman Land Title Co., Goldcrest Properties and Zion's Bank.

Picture ID: 1040

Source: Patricia Record Collection

115 North Main Street
115 North Main
2008
The Shoe Cobbler was at this address for many years.

Picture ID: 868

Source: Patricia Record Collection

116 North Main Street
116 North Main
2008
The building was constructed in 1934.

Picture ID: 869

Source: Patricia Record Collection

123 to 179 North Main
123-179 North Main
2008
Left to Right: 123 N Main - Hotel Eagle, 133 N Main - Rochdale, 135 N Main - Cardon-Ballard Block, 141 N Main - Anderson's general merchandise store, 147 N Main - Logan Knitting Works. 149 N Main - Wilkinson's Stationery Store was torn down and Cache County Offices built in its place. The number changed to 179 North Main.

Picture ID: 1035

Source: Patricia Record Collection

1908 Simplex Automobile
Logan Canyon
about 1910
Seeholzer, the game warden and Roy Cardon hunting in a 1908 Simplex with vacuum cup tires.

Picture ID: 90L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

1912 Model Pumping Engine
210 North Main
about 1950
This is the first gasoline motor pumping engine west of the Mississippi River. It was purchased in 1911 and delivered in 1912. In 1939 it was remodeled by Logan firemen into a ladder truck. The main ladder reached a height of 55 feet.

Picture ID: 529

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

245 North Main Street Looking Northward
245 North Main
About 1983
This image shows the west side of Logan's Main Street looking northward from 245 North. Businesses included in the photograph are Hugh's & Company Restaurant (245N), former Brewer Tire Co. (251N), the Cactus Club (251N Basement), the former Sears Store (261N), Im-Pruv-All Tire Center (295N), Gary's Automotive Service (303N), and more. Extensive construction was completed on the Sears retail outlet building at 255 North Main, and both the City of Logan offices and Logan Library were opened for business in December 1985.

The Cactus Club has occasionally been thought to have been in the basement of the old Sears building, but it was actually in the basement of the buildings just to the south. It could be reached from entrances on both the Main Street (east) side and the back (west) side, near a parking lot. The club was apparently in business from the late 40s to the early 80s and was locally famous (or infamous) for beer, billiards, live music, and even topless dancers.

Picture ID: 519

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

245 Through 261 North Main
245-261 North Main
About 1983
This image shows the west side of Logan's Main Street looking northward from 245 North. Businesses included in the photograph are Hugh's & Company Restaurant (245N), former Brewer Tire Co. (251N), the Cactus Club (251N Basement), and the former Sears Store (261N). Extensive construction was completed on the Sears retail outlet building at 255 North Main, and both the City of Logan offices and Logan Library were opened for business in December 1985.

The Cactus Club has occasionally been thought to have been in the basement of the old Sears building, but it was actually in the basement of the buildings just to the south. It could be reached from entrances on both the Main Street (east) side and the back (west) side, near a parking lot. The club was apparently in business from the late 40s to the early 80s and was locally famous (or infamous) for beer, billiards, live music, and even topless dancers.

Picture ID: 520

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

261 North Main (West/Back of the Building)
261 North Main
About 1983
Extensive construction was completed on the Sears retail outlet building at 261 North Main (which became 255 North Main), and both the City of Logan offices and Logan Library were opened for business in December 1985. The fourth library building in Logan shared the space with Logan City Hall.

Picture ID: 521

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

261 North Main Street Looking Southward
261 North Main
About 1983
This image shows the west side of Logan's Main Street looking northward from 245 North. Businesses included in the photograph are Hugh's & Company Restaurant (245N), former Brewer Tire Co. (251N), the Cactus Club (251N Basement), the former Sears Store (261N), Im-Pruv-All Tire Center (295N), Gary's Automotive Service (303N), and more. Extensive construction was completed on the Sears retail outlet building at 255 North Main, and both the City of Logan offices and Logan Library were opened for business in December 1985.

The Cactus Club has occasionally been thought to have been in the basement of the old Sears building, but it was actually in the basement of the buildings just to the south. It could be reached from entrances on both the Main Street (east) side and the back (west) side, near a parking lot. The club was apparently in business from the late 40s to the early 80s and was locally famous (or infamous) for beer, billiards, live music, and even topless dancers.

Picture ID: 518

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

32 Main Street Looking Southward
32 Main
about 1900
Early view of Main Street looking southward from 32 North.

Picture ID: 323

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

37 to 55 West Main Street
37-55 West Main
2008
Some of the stores in the photograph are the same as years ago, but a few have been changed.

Picture ID: 1050

Source: Patricia Record Collection

400 North and Old Main - Aerial View
Logan, Utah
about 1960


Picture ID: 654

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

45 North to Center on Main Street
45 North to Center on Main
2008
Left to Right: Wells Fargo Bank, Northern Title Company, Coppin's Hallmark, Bluebird, Red Rooster, Shonnee's, Countrywide Home Loans, Wight House, Fred's Flowers and Plaza 45.

Picture ID: 1090

Source: Patricia Record Collection
clear
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71    Next Page
clear