LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

First Security Bank
5 South Main Street
about 1976
After the Thatcher Bank and Opera House burned down in 1912, this building was constructed in its place. It has held several different banking institutions through the years.

Picture ID: 228

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

First Security Bank
5 South Main
about 1980
After the Thatcher Bank and Opera House burned down in 1912, this building was constructed in its place. It has held several different banking institutions through the years.

Picture ID: 68

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

First Security Bank Drive Through
5 South Main (Behind)
about 1980
After the Thatcher Bank and Opera House burned down in 1912, this building was constructed in its place. It has held several different banking institutions through the years. The drive through was constructed in 1975.

Picture ID: 69

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Ford's Putt Pit Miniature Golf Course
140 South 100 West
1973


Picture ID: 214

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

Frank's Barber Shop/Edwards Shoe Repair
176-8 North Main
about 1980
Frank's Barber Shop, Frank C. Schiffman proprietor and Edwards Shoe Repair, LeLand S. Edward proprietor.

Picture ID: 294

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

George L. Farrell House
109-111 North 200 West
about 1980
This building is a duplex built in about 1862 as a polygamist home by George L. Farrell. It is a two story structure built of Swan Peak quartzite which is found locally.

Picture ID: 6

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

George L. Farrell House
109-111 North 200 West
1978
This building is a duplex built in about 1862 as a polygamist home by George L. Farrell. It is a two story structure built of Swan Peak quartzite which is found locally.

Picture ID: 8

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

George L. Farrell House
109-111 North 200 West
1978
This building is a duplex built in about 1862 as a polygamist home by George L. Farrell. It is a two story structure built of Swan Peak quartzite which is found locally.

Picture ID: 7

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

George W. Thatcher, Sr. House
35 West 100 South
about 1980
The house was built in the 1870's by George W. Thatcher, Sr. It was remodeled, the front stairway was added, and for a time was used as student housing. The Thatcher-Young mansion was restored and is now an art gallery for the Alliance for the Varied Arts.

Picture ID: 11

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Glenn's Electric Motor & Supply Company
501 North Main Street
about 1976


Picture ID: 258

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Group of Shoshone Indians
Unknown Location
Unknown Date
The Shoshone are the indigenous Native American tribes which lived in and around Cache Valley for thousands of years before Europeans migrated into the area. Clashes arose, most notably the Bear Lake Massacre resulting in the deaths of hundreds of natives.

Picture ID: 21L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Hailstone Meet and Other Businesses
535-541 North Main Street
about 1976
This photo includes Hailstone Meet, Artistic Beauty Salon, and Tots To Teens Clothing Store.

Picture ID: 251

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Hall Business Service
47 West 300 South
1973


Picture ID: 183

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

Hay Stacks
Unknown Location
about 1900
This photograph shows farmers using a derrick, the pitch fork is raised and lowered by horses to lift the hay from the wagons to the top of the hay stacks.

Picture ID: 55L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Heber S. Amussen House
102 West Center Street
about 1890
In 1905 this house, built in about 1890, became the second William Budge hospital. The hospital provided eighteen beds, an operating room, class room, dining room, kitchen, reception room, and other conveniences. When the hospital was moved in 1914, Dr. Heber S. and Ruby W. Amussen lived in this house.

Picture ID: 47L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Heber S. Amussen House
102 West Center Street
About 1900
In 1905 this house, built in about 1890, became the second William Budge hospital. The hospital provided eighteen beds, an operating room, class room, dining room, kitchen, reception room, and other conveniences. When the hospital was moved in 1914, Dr. Heber S. and Ruby W. Amussen lived in this house.

Picture ID: 39L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Helen, Dean, and Kay Morris
Unknown Location
about 1930
Photo depicting the three children of David and Ella (Holmgren) Nicholes. This photo is part of the Holmgren Collection

Picture ID: 239

Source: Holmgren Photo Collection

Henry Hayball House
209 West Center
about 1950
The home was built in 1907 by Henry Hayball. He was involved with the early banking developments of Cache Valley and served on the Logan City Council. He was the mayor of Logan from 1912-1914.

Picture ID: 52L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Henry Hayball House
209 West Center
about 1930
The home was built in 1907 by Henry Hayball. He was involved with the early banking developments of Cache Valley and served on the Logan City Council. He was the mayor of Logan from 1912-1914.

Picture ID: 319

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Herald Journal Building
75 West 300 North
2000
In 1908 the newspaper plant for the Journal was moved to the J.R. Edwards building which up to that time had been known as the Palace Hotel. The Journal was published twice weekly until Jan 1, 1917 when it became a daily paper. It continued until the Herald purchased the business in 1931, hence the name Herald Journal. They moved from 75 West Center to 75 West 300 North in 1969.

Picture ID: 312

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20    Next Page
clear