LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

Cache County Jail Demolition
Behind 199 North Main
about 1965


Picture ID: 108

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Cache County Jail Demolition
Behind 199 North Main
about 1965


Picture ID: 109

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Cache Stake Tithing Office
27 East 100 North
about 1960
The original Tithing Office built in 1861 burned in the late 1880's. The Tithing Office that replaced it about 1890 was also the home of the Cache Stake Library in 1891.

Picture ID: 326

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Cache Valley Bank Building
101 North Main
perhaps 1915
This is the site of the original Logan Hall built in 1862 for public meetings. This building was constructed in 1893 with several businesses on the street level and Hanks hotel on the second floor. It was remodeled and the front completely transformed for use as Low Cost Drug store.

The Cache Valley Banking Company was originally in the building at 102 North Main Street and was an outgrowth of the Utah Mortgage Loan Company. After the formation of the Cache Valley Banking Company in 1903, a series of community banks were organized in towns throughout the valley. One of which, the Lewiston State Bank, is still in business. This building became home of Cache Valley Bank in 1984 and was restored to its original appearance. It was again restored in 2015.

Picture ID: 534

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection


Cache Valley Bank Building
101 North Main
1998
Built in 1880, This building was originally was the agricultural implement store of A.G. Barber and N.W. Thomas. In 1900 Mrs. M.E. Hanks rented the upper part of the Thomas Building and created a boarding house that became known as Hanks Hotel. It had a connecting crosswalk over the alleyway. The building has had many businesses but when it was remodeled for the Low Cost Drug store, its whole appearance changed. In 1984 the building was again remodeled by Cache Valley Bank.

Picture ID: 486

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Cache Valley Farmhouse
Unknown Location
about 1910
Typical farmhouse in Cache Valley, about 1910.

Picture ID: 70L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Cache Valley General Hospital Building
52 North 100 East
about 1980
This hospital opened in 1928 and closed in January 1949. It was purchased by the LDS Church and the patients were moved to the LDS Hospital on 300 East and 200 North. It is currently an apartment building.

Picture ID: 49

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Cache Valley Mall
1400 North Main
about 1985


Picture ID: 62

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Caine Lyric Theater
28 West Center Street
about 1976
This building became the Lyric Theater in 1913. Vitagraph movies were shown at the theater as well as live performances. Although during the 1940’s and 1950’s it was exclusively used as a movie theater, the building was restored to its full stage glory by Utah State University in 1960-1961. It became the Caine Lyric Theatre at that time. It was again refurbished in 2001.

Picture ID: 230

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Caine Lyric Theatre
28 West Center Street
1973
This building became the Lyric Theater in 1913. Vitagraph movies were shown at the theater as well as live performances. Although during the 1940’s and 1950’s it was exclusively used as a movie theater, the building was restored to its full stage glory by Utah State University in 1960-1961. It became the Caine Lyric Theatre at that time. It was again refurbished in 2001. Also pictures in this image is Jessen's Shoe Store.

Picture ID: 188

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

Caine Lyric Theatre
28 West Center Street
about 1980
This building became the Lyric Theater in 1913. Vitagraph movies were shown at the theater as well as live performances. Although during the 1940’s and 1950’s it was exclusively used as a movie theater, the building was restored to its full stage glory by Utah State University in 1960-1961. It became the Caine Lyric Theatre at that time. It was again refurbished in 2001.

Picture ID: 42

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Cardon Jewelry Parade Float
Main Street
July 24, 1907
This image shows Cardon Jewelry Company's entry in the parade on Main Street. Cardon's slogan included: "At the sign of the clock". The Cardon Jewelry Company later became S.E. Needham Jewelers.

Picture ID: 320

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Cardon Jewelry Store Interior
41 North Main
Unknown Date
This image was taken from the rear of the Cardon Jewelry Store. Mr. O. Guy Cardon attended Brigham Young College in Logan. He established the Cardon Jewelry Company in 1898, of which he was secretary and treasurer. He was one of the founders and incorporators of the Bluebird Candy Company in 1914.

Picture ID: 29L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Cardon Jewelry Store Interior
41 North Main
Unknown Date
This image was taken from the front of the Cardon Jewelry Store. Mr. O. Guy Cardon attended Brigham Young College in Logan. He established the Cardon Jewelry Company in 1898, of which he was secretary and treasurer. He was one of the founders and incorporators of the Bluebird Candy Company in 1914.

Picture ID: 51L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Cardon's Furniture Store
37 to 55 North Main
about 1892
The Thatcher building, People's Store, Cardon's Furniture Store, Harness shop, Lumber Yard and United Order building on Main Street. The People's Store was a branch of the Logan Z.C.M.I. It was a long narrow room, approximately 25 feet by 150 feet, with two women clerks who worked for $30.00 per month.

Picture ID: 44L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Center Street - East from Main
Center and Main
about 1925


Picture ID: 54L

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Center Street - East from Main
Center and Main
about 1919
This view of East Center from Main Street shows the American Steam Laundry and the Logan Hotel businesses.

Picture ID: 104

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Center Street - East from Main
Center and Main
about 1919
This view of the corner of Center and Main Street, boasts an excellent image of the Trinity Methodist Church building.

Picture ID: 102

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Center Street - West from 200 East
200 East Center
about 1919


Picture ID: 101

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Center Street - West from 200 West
200 West Center
about 1919
This view of West Center Street includes the streetcar tracks and the train station in the distance.

Picture ID: 103

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31    Next Page
clear