LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

Charles I. Goodwin House
193 West 100 North
about 1980
Charles I. Goodwin built this house in 1890.

Picture ID: 1

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Charles McNeil Groceries
297 East 300 North
1909
Charles McNeil Groceries was also known as the Fifth Ward store. The image includes several unknown men, including one dressed in white and presumably the storekeeper, and a woman who are standing in front of the door. A snow-capped fire hydrant is visible a few feet away.

Picture ID: 27L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Cinema Theater
60 West 100 North
about 1980
The building was constructed in 1864 and has housed the Rex, Iris, Gem and Cinema theaters. The Cinema closed in 2008.

Picture ID: 43

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Construction of Ford's Putt Pit
140 South 100 West
1973
A photograph showing the construction of Ford's Putt Pit miniature golf course.

Picture ID: 215

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

Construction of Old Main Tower
Utah State University Campus
1901
Old Main was designed by C. T. Thompson to be built in three stages. It was constructed between 1889 and 1902. The north wing and east part of the central section were built in 1892 - 1893. The west tower (shown under construction) was completed in 1901-02. Utah Agricultural College because Utah State University in 1957.

Picture ID: 36L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Cyrus J. Jones House
280 West Center Street
2004
This house was built in 1896 by Cyrus J. Jones.

Picture ID: 29

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

D.C. Budge House
69 East 100 North
about 1976
This house was built around 1904 by Doctor D.C. Budge. Budge was one of the first medical doctors in Logan. He was responsible for the first hospital in Logan.

Picture ID: 244

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Daily Train to Cache Valley

14 March 1908
This is a typical early train coming into Logan from Cache Junction. These trains usually consisted of one mail car, one freight car and one passenger car.

Picture ID: 3L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

David & Ella (Holmgren) Nicholes House
801 North 200 East
about 1939
Ella, wife of David Nicholes, was the daughter of John P. Holmgren who was a local painter and designer. Both he and Ella had come from Sweden in 1914. At this time the property was a small farm with sheep and horses and a large garden. This photo is part of the Holmgren Collection

Picture ID: 219

Source: Holmgren Photo Collection

David Eccles House
250 West Center Street
2004
This home was built in 1907. It was built as the residence of the second wife of David Eccles, Ellen Stoddard. Early in the twentieth century, Utah State University acquired downtown houses for use by its students, and the David Eccles home became a dorm for upper-class women in 1946. In 1956 it became Kerr Hall, a dorm for forty-five male students. It is currently owned by S.E. Needham, III, known for his various business interests throughout Logan.

Picture ID: 19

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

David Eccles House
250 West Center Street
about 1980
This home was built in 1907. It was built as the residence of the second wife of David Eccles, Ellen Stoddard. Early in the twentieth century, Utah State University acquired downtown houses for use by its students, and the David Eccles home became a dorm for upper-class women in 1946. In 1956 it became Kerr Hall, a dorm for forty-five male students. It is currently owned by S.E. Needham, III, known for his various business interests throughout Logan.

Picture ID: 18

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

David Eccles House
250 West Center Street
1973
This home was built in 1907. It was built as the residence of the second wife of David Eccles, Ellen Stoddard. Early in the twentieth century, Utah State University acquired downtown houses for use by its students, and the David Eccles home became a dorm for upper-class women in 1946. In 1956 it became Kerr Hall, a dorm for forty-five male students. It is currently owned by S.E. Needham, III, known for his various business interests throughout Logan.

Picture ID: 189

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

David Thomas House
139 West Center Street
about 1976
This home was built in 1907 by David and Kathy (Thatcher) Thomas. David Thomas managed the Thatcher Milling and Elevator Company for many years. He married Katherine Thatcher, daughter of the prominent George W. Thatcher.

Picture ID: 224

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Dee's Drive In Restaurant
210 North Main
1973
This restaurant of yesteryear was located where Burger King currently is in downtown Logan.

Picture ID: 182

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

Ella Holmgren
Unknown
about 1916
Photo depicting Ella Holmgren (left) shortly after arriving in the United States from Sweden. She is also pictured with another unknown female friend. This photo is part of the Holmgren Collection

Picture ID: 232

Source: Holmgren Photo Collection

Ella Holmgren
Unknown
about 1918
Photo depicting Ella Holmgren. This photo is part of the Holmgren Collection

Picture ID: 242

Source: Holmgren Photo Collection

Ellen Ricks Nibley House
290 West Center Street
1978
This home, located at 290 West Center Street, was built in 1905 for Charles Nibley and his wife Ellen Ricks. Local historian, Ray Somers also lived in this house.

Picture ID: 15

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Ellen Ricks Nibley House
290 West Center Street
about 1980
This home, located at 290 West Center Street, was built in 1905 for Charles Nibley and his wife Ellen Ricks. Local historian, Ray Somers also lived in this house.

Picture ID: 17

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Ellen Ricks Nibley House
290 West Center Street
2004
This home, located at 290 West Center Street, was built in 1905 for Charles Nibley and his wife Ellen Ricks. Local historian, Ray Somers also lived in this house.

Picture ID: 16

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Ellen Ricks Nibley House
290 West Center Street
1905
This home, located at 290 West Center Street, was built in 1905 for Charles Nibley and his wife Ellen Ricks who is pictured in this photograph. Local historian, Ray Somers also lived in this house.

Picture ID: 35L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16    Next Page
clear