LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

Anderson Lumber Truck
Center Street and Main
July 25, 1930
This photograph taken during the 1930 24th of July Parade shows a drum of raffle tickets on the bed of an Anderson Lumber Company truck.

Picture ID: 7L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Andrew G. Lundstrom

Twenty-first mayor of Logan, Utah. This is a photograph taken from a collection of former mayor photographs which is hanging in Logan City Hall. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 455

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

Anthon Anderson

Eleventh mayor of Logan, Utah. This is a photograph taken from a collection of former mayor photographs which is hanging in Logan City Hall. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 445

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

Anthon Anderson House
202 South 300 West
1998
This house was built in 1899 by Anthon Anderson. Mr. Anderson founded Anderson & Sons Lumber Company.

Picture ID: 495

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Baugh Motel
153 South Main
about 1970
The Baugh Motel was built in 1915.

Picture ID: 344

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Baugh Motel
153 South Main
about 1965
The Baugh Motel was built in 1915.

Picture ID: 64

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Baugh Motor Company
140 South Main Street
about 1976
The Baugh Motor Company was owned and operated by Dean C. and Wilford P. Baugh. The building is no longer standing.

Picture ID: 227

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Baugh/Farnes/Nelson House
32 South 600 West
about 1976
This house was built sometime after 1884 by George H. and Elizabeth (Knowles) Baugh. Baugh worked for many years as the Express Agent for the railroad. After Baugh, the home was owned by a Mr. M. Mauritsen. In 1916 Arthur and Zina (Stratton) Farnes purchased the home and subsequently raised their six children there. Arthur died in 1928 and Zina in 1950. Their daughter Flora and her husband Arta Vaughn Nelson then owned the house until shortly after her death in 1991.

Picture ID: 163

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Bear Lake Stake Tabernacle
Paris, Idaho
1997
Located at 109 South Main Street in Paris, Idaho, this structure was constructed of red sandstone between 1884 and 1889.

Picture ID: 339

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Bear River Dam
Cutler Canyon
1894
The dam was built to divert water to canals for irrigation in Box Elder Valley.

Picture ID: 34L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Blair Motor Company
61 West 100 North
about 1920
Clarence & Alvin Nielsen repairing a car in Blair garage. The garage was housed in a building which at one point held the Logan City offices and then later the First District Court. It has since been demolished.

Picture ID: 5L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Board Members
90 North 100 East
March 1964
Shown are Rolf Kerr, board vice president, Lucy Cole, publicity, and Al Chappell, president of the library board.

Picture ID: 404

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

Bridgerland Motel
43 East 100 South
about 1976
Built in 1940, this motel has been in use for many years. It is currently the Old Trapper Inn.

Picture ID: 245

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Brigham Young College - West Building
150 South and 300 West
about 1910
The building on the left was the west building of Brigham Young College, now part of Logan High School. It remains the only building of the college left standing. Also pictured is the Cache County Relic Hall (on the right) which was constructed in the late 1860’s as a barn but which was used for a number of purposes until it was razed sometime in the later part of the twentieth century. Click here for a history of the latter.

Picture ID: 19L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Brigham Young College East Building
165 West 100 South
about 1885
Construction on the Brigham Young College East Building was completed in 1884 and it was dedicated January 1, 1885. Brigham Young College later became the home of Logan High School.

Picture ID: 321

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Cache Chamber of Commerce
52 West 200 North
about 1980
The old Cache Chamber of Commerce building was also home to the DUP museum.

Picture ID: 115

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Cache Chamber of Commerce
52 West 200 North
about 1980
The old Cache Chamber of Commerce building was also home to the DUP museum.

Picture ID: 114

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Cache Chamber Opening Event
370 North Main
1958
Picture taken at the Cache Chamber of Commerce grand opening. Pictured from left to right: Newell Winget (Winget Ice Cream), William Owens (mayor), Willard Poulson (Utah Mortgage & Loan), Eldred Waldron (Logan Savings & Loan), Ezra Cragun (Chamber President), Bus Berntson (USU Financial Advisor), unknown, Earl Hunsaker (mayor), John Clay, Gordon Haws, and Eldred Waldron.

Picture ID: 116

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

Cache County Fairgrounds
450 South 500 West
about 1980


Picture ID: 275

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Scenery

Cache County Fairgrounds
400 South 500 West
1912
This is an early view of the Cache County Fairgrounds. The first Cache County Fair was held September 26 to 28, 1911 in a Logan City park, an area of over 40 acres in the southwest part of the city.

Picture ID: 4L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29    Next Page
clear