LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description
221
Logan Temple
175 North 300 East
about 1980
Construction on the Logan Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1877 and it was completed in 1884. The architect was Truman O. Angell, Jr. and Charles O. Card was the construction superintendent.

Picture ID: 31

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
222
Logan Temple
175 North 300 East
about 1900
Construction on the Logan Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1877 and it was completed in 1884. The architect was Truman O. Angell, Jr. and Charles O. Card was the construction superintendent.

Picture ID: 11L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
223
Logan Temple
170 North 300 East
about 1980
Construction on the Logan Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1877 and it was completed in 1884. The architect was Truman O. Angell, Jr. and Charles O. Card was the construction superintendent.

Picture ID: 30

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
224
Logan Temple at Night
170 North 300 East
Unknown Date
Construction on the Logan Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1877 and it was completed in 1884. The architect was Truman O. Angell, Jr. and Charles O. Card was the construction superintendent.

Picture ID: 32

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
225
Logan's Electric Streetcar

about 1925
The Logan Rapid Transit Company was organized by David Eccles in 1910. An electric railroad was constructed from the Oregon Shortline Depot on 600 West, east down Center Street, north up Main Street to Fourth North and then east to the Utah State Agricultural College.

Picture ID: 83

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
226
Logan's Electric Streetcar
Main Street
about 1915
The electric railroad car ran from the train depot on 600 West, eastward to Main Street, northward to 400 North, and eastward to Utah Agricultural College. Later, branches ran all the way north to Preston and south to Hyrum.

Picture ID: 2L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
227
Logan's Main Street
100 North Main - Southward
about 1923
The scene is looking South between 100 North and Center Street. Both the Main Street train tracks and the Logan Tabernacle (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) are present in the picture.

Picture ID: 73

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
228
Logan's Main Street
900 North Main - Northward
1973
The scene is looking North from about 900 North and northward. At the time that this photograph was taken, main street from about 10th north on to Smithfield was under construction with the goal of widening the road.

Picture ID: 213

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)
229
Logan's Main Street at Night
200 North Main
about 1960


Picture ID: 71

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
230
Lorenzo Hansen House
33 South 100 West
about 1980
This house was built in 1907 by Lorenzo Hansen, mayor of Logan from 1902 to 1904. He was the founder of the Cache Valley Condensed Milk Company. He was instrumental in establishing the Budge Hospital and the first municipal power plant in Logan.

Picture ID: 24

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
231
Low Cost Drug Store
101 North Main
about 1970
In 1900 Mrs. M.E. Hanks rented the upper part of the Thomas Building and created a boarding house that became known as Hanks Hotel. It had a connecting crosswalk over the alleyway. The building has had many businesses but when it was remodeled for the Low Cost Drug store, its whole appearance changed. In 1984 the building was again remodeled by Cache Valley Bank.

Picture ID: 56

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
232
Lundstrom Park
1600 East 1350 North
about 1980
Lundstrom Park was named for A.G. Lundstrom, mayor from 1926-1940, who is remembered for his work to develop a diesel generating plant and preserve Logan’s municipal power system. The land was originally the university’s “turkey farm” and was acquired by the city in March 1969. The property remained undeveloped until 1976.

Picture ID: 274

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Scenery
233
Main Street
Center and Main
about 1972
This image includes a number of businesses: The Bluebird Restaurant, Baugh Jewelry, and others.

Picture ID: 259

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
234
Main Street - Center to 100 North
Center and Main
about 1919


Picture ID: 105

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
235
Main Street - Corner of Center and Main
Center and Main Streets
about 1908
Budge Block and view of Main Street looking north. The picture includes Riter Brothers Drug Store, J.R. Edwards Saloon, the Eagle Hotel, and Cardon's Furniture.

Picture ID: 15L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
236
Main Street - South from 100 South
100 South Main
about 1919
A view of South Main, including the Utah Idaho Center Rail Road Station, Logan Mattress Company, and the Cache Valley Commission Company.

Picture ID: 100

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
237
Main Street - South View
120 North Main - Southward
about 1980
Main Street at the corner of first north looking southward. Walker Bank is currently Zion's Bank.

Picture ID: 55

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
238
Main Street Building
170-176 North Main
about 1980
The Cache Valley General Hospital was located on the upper floor of 170-176 North Main Street and was used from 1917 until the hospital on First East was built in 1928. This building also housed the Fonnesbeck Knitting Works and, currently, the Bear River Association of Governments.

Picture ID: 52

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
239
Main Street Businesses
117 and 129 North Main
about 1970


Picture ID: 57

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
240
Main Street in Winter
100 North Main Street
about 1936
Main Street in Logan after a severe snow storm. J.C. Penney store is on the west side of the street next to the Collegiate School of Beauty and City Drug Company.

Picture ID: 14L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16    Next Page
clear