LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

David Eccles House
250 West Center Street
about 1970
This home was built in 1907. It was built as the residence of the second wife of David Eccles, Ellen Stoddard. Early in the twentieth century, Utah State University acquired downtown houses for use by its students, and the David Eccles home became a dorm for upper-class women in 1946. In 1956 it became Kerr Hall, a dorm for forty-five male students. It is currently owned by S.E. Needham, III, known for his various business interests throughout Logan.

Picture ID: 67L

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

David Eccles House
250 West Center Street
about 1980
This home was built in 1907. It was built as the residence of the second wife of David Eccles, Ellen Stoddard. Early in the twentieth century, Utah State University acquired downtown houses for use by its students, and the David Eccles home became a dorm for upper-class women in 1946. In 1956 it became Kerr Hall, a dorm for forty-five male students. It is currently owned by S.E. Needham, III, known for his various business interests throughout Logan.

Picture ID: 18

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

David Eccles House
250 West Center Street
1973
This home was built in 1907. It was built as the residence of the second wife of David Eccles, Ellen Stoddard. Early in the twentieth century, Utah State University acquired downtown houses for use by its students, and the David Eccles home became a dorm for upper-class women in 1946. In 1956 it became Kerr Hall, a dorm for forty-five male students. It is currently owned by S.E. Needham, III, known for his various business interests throughout Logan.

Picture ID: 189

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

David Eccles House
250 West Center Street
2004
This home was built in 1907. It was built as the residence of the second wife of David Eccles, Ellen Stoddard. Early in the twentieth century, Utah State University acquired downtown houses for use by its students, and the David Eccles home became a dorm for upper-class women in 1946. In 1956 it became Kerr Hall, a dorm for forty-five male students. It is currently owned by S.E. Needham, III, known for his various business interests throughout Logan.

Picture ID: 19

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

David Thomas House
139 West Center Street
about 1976
This home was built in 1907 by David and Kathy (Thatcher) Thomas. David Thomas managed the Thatcher Milling and Elevator Company for many years. He married Katherine Thatcher, daughter of the prominent George W. Thatcher.

Picture ID: 224

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Dee's Drive In Restaurant
210 North Main
1973
This restaurant of yesteryear was located where Burger King currently is in downtown Logan.

Picture ID: 182

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

Dick's Café
40 South Main
about 1980
Established in the 1940's by Dick Lamb, Dick's Café remained in operation until 1976.

Picture ID: 293

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Dinner Table Setting
90 North 100 East
September 24, 1932
Dinner table set by Dean Christine B. Clayton from the School of Home Economics at Utah State Agricultural College (now USU). The table was set as part of an activity in the library by the Logan Flower Garden Club.

Picture ID: 378

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

Doctor Pierce's Barn
College Ward, Utah
1997
Sometime after 1904 and before 1929, College Ward farmer Lovenus Olsen was approached by a Dr. Pierce salesman concerning the side of his barn, which stood in an ideal well-traveled location next to Highway 89-91.

Picture ID: 340

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Dora Wright

about 1910
Dora Wright was the second director of the Logan Library. Click here for more information. This photo is used by permission of Utah State Historical Society.

Picture ID: 376

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

Dora Wright

about 1935
Dora Wright was the second director of the Logan Library. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 377

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

E. Taft Benson
Liverpool, England
June 1912
E. Taft Benson was of Trenton, Utah. This photo is included in a collection of early LDS mission photographs taken in England. They were found amongst other materials which were donated to the Logan Library as part of the Everton Collection. If you know something about the person pictured, please let us know.

Picture ID: 361

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

Early Farm Tractor
Unknown Location
Unknown Date


Picture ID: 57L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Early View of Utah Agricultural College
College Campus
about 1892
The building on the far left is the president's home. The building on the right is the south wing of Old Main. The building left of Old Main is the Experimental Station. The Model Barn was built in 1890 as a laboratory for the agricultural programs of the college the same year classes began.

Picture ID: 325

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Eldred Waldron
Unknown Location
about 1965
Born in 1910 in Morgan, Utah, Eldred became a significant Utah Banker. Among his many accomplishments, he was the president of the Logan Savings and Loan. He died in Logan in 1992.

Picture ID: 355

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

Elementary School Room
Unknown Location
perhaps 1935
This image shows a typical elementary school room. If you know something about it, please let us know.

Picture ID: 305

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

Ella Holmgren
Unknown Location
about 1918
Photo depicting Ella Holmgren. This photo is part of the Holmgren Collection

Picture ID: 242

Source: Holmgren Photo Collection

Ella Holmgren
Unknown Location
about 1916
Photo depicting Ella Holmgren (left) shortly after arriving in the United States from Sweden. She is also pictured with another unknown female friend. This photo is part of the Holmgren Collection

Picture ID: 232

Source: Holmgren Photo Collection

Ellen Eccles Theater
43 South Main
January 1990
The Capitol Theater, built as a performance theater in 1923, was changed into a movie house and later allowed to deteriorate. After a fire in January 1990, restoration was completed in 1993. It was renamed "The Ellen Eccles Theatre" in honor of the prominent Logan matriarch who is known for her contributions to the Cache Valley Community. Each summer the Utah Festival Opera Company performs several operas and musical productions at the Ellen Eccles Theater.

Picture ID: 306

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Ellen Ricks Nibley House
290 West Center Street
about 1970
This home, located at 290 West Center Street, was built in 1905 for Charles Nibley and his wife Ellen Ricks. Local historian, Ray Somers also lived in this house.

Picture ID: 66L

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26    Next Page
clear