LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

Temple Barn
369 East 200 North
about 1980
The Temple Barn was built early in the Summer of 1877 for the purpose of housing the livestock, wagons and equipment used during the construction of the Logan LDS Temple (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

Picture ID: 80

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Temple Barn
369 East 200 North
about 1980
The Temple Barn was built early in the Summer of 1877 for the purpose of housing the livestock, wagons and equipment used during the construction of the Logan LDS Temple (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

Picture ID: 79

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Temple Barn
369 East 200 North
about 1976
The Temple Barn was built early in the Summer of 1877 for the purpose of housing the livestock, wagons and equipment used during the construction of the Logan LDS Temple (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

Picture ID: 130

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Thatcher Bank and Opera House Fire
3 South Main
1912
This picture was taken after the fire that destroyed the Thatcher Bank and Opera House.

Picture ID: 26L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Thatcher Milling and Elevator Company 2
68 West 100 South
about 1935
Built in 1865, the historic Thatcher Mill burned in 1946. The ruins are still visible today.

Picture ID: 65

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

The Bluebird Restaurant and Candy Company
19 North Main
about 1965
Founded in 1914, the Bluebird Restaurant and Candy Company was established by Guy Cardon and Mark Neuberger. It began as a candy store, ice-cream parlor and soda fountain located at 12 West Center Street, in the Eccles Hotel and Thatcher Bank building.

Picture ID: 260

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Thomas Tarbet House
372 West 100 North
about 1980
This home was built in the 1860’s by Thomas Tarbet. Mr. Tarbet came to Utah in 1847 and died in Logan in 1872.

Picture ID: 10

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Traveling Stage Show
Cache Valley Fair Grounds
1927
Traveling shows were a source of entertainment for the people of Logan.

Picture ID: 31L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

U & I Furniture and Other Businesses
28 - 46 West 100 North
about 1976
This photo includes U & I Furniture, Christensen's Show Repair, Squarium Pet and Hobby Center, Scheby's Cleaners and Tailors, Fornoff Music Company, and other businesses.

Picture ID: 243

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Union Roller Mill
68 West 100 South
about 1888
The Union Roller Mill was built in 1865 and was later renamed the Thatcher Milling & Elevator Company. In 1888 the millstones in the Thatcher Mill were discarded and steel rollers were installed with an elevator with the capacity of 40,000 of bushels of grain. At the right of the photo is the East Building of the Brigham Young College.

Picture ID: 261

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Union Roller Mill
68 West 100 South
about 1895
The Union Roller Mill was built in 1865 and was later renamed the Thatcher Milling & Elevator Company. In 1888 the millstones in the Thatcher Mill were discarded and steel rollers were installed with an elevator with the capacity of 40,000 of bushels of grain. At the right of the photo is the East Building of the Brigham Young College.

Picture ID: 66

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

USU President's Home
Utah State University Campus
1973
The Utah State University president’s home has been remodeled and is currently the David B. Haight Alumni House.

Picture ID: 192

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

Utah Agricultural College
Utah State University Campus
1906
Utah Agricultural College became Utah State University in 1957.

Picture ID: 269

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Utah Agricultural College from Island Area

about 1940


Picture ID: 47

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Utah Agricultural College from Island Area

about 1940


Picture ID: 48

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Utah Agricultural College from Island Area

about 1940


Picture ID: 217

Source: Holmgren Photo Collection

Utah Agricultural College Hill
Utah State University Campus
1897
This is a view of college hill, including Old Main in the center. The Mechanical Arts Building to the right had just been completed.

Picture ID: 18L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

View of Early Logan
Logan, Utah
Possibly 1915
This early view of Logan appears to have been taken from somewhere around Old Main Hill, looking southwestward. The Logan LDS Temple is in the photograph as well as many other early buildings.

Picture ID: 32L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

View of West Center Street
400 West Center - Westward
about 1980


Picture ID: 76

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Western Executive Suites Building
666 & 674 North Main
1973
This image shows the Western Executive Suites building under construction. Next to it is the Cache Chemical and Janitorial Supply Company.

Picture ID: 200

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)
clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17    Next Page
clear