LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

Rick's Spring
Logan Canyon
about 1945


Picture ID: 265

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Scenery

Robert Anderson House
332 West Center Street
Unknown Date
This home was built in 1908 by Robert Anderson. Mr. Anderson was the general manager of Anderson & Sons Lumber Company and president of the Logan Rapid Transit Company.

Picture ID: 28

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Ruins of the Thatcher Miller
68 West 100 South
1978
The Union Roller Mill was built in 1865 and was later renamed the Thatcher Milling & Elevator Company. In 1888 the millstones in the Thatcher Mill were discarded and steel rollers were installed with an elevator with the capacity of 40,000 of bushels of grain. At the right of the photo is the East Building of the Brigham Young College.

Picture ID: 272

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

S.E. Needham Jewelers
141 North Main
about 1980
This building was constructed in 1904 by Louie Thomas, an assistant instructor at the Utah Agricultural College. In 1909 John H. Anderson moved his store the building. The store continued to function until the middle part of the 1960's when S.E. Needham Jewelers moved to this location.

Picture ID: 60

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

S.E. Needham Jewelers
137 - 147 North Main Street
about 1976
S.E. Needham Jewelers opened in 1896. Also pictured is Hollywood Beauty College and Sherwin-Williams Pain Company.

Picture ID: 226

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Sears Auto Center
Approximately 250 North 100 West
1973


Picture ID: 197

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

Seth H. Blair House
220 West Center Street
about 2004
This home was built in 1921 by Seth H. Blair. Mr. Blair was a distributor of Dodge, Buick and Hupmobile. During the 1950s the College acquired downtown houses for use by students and it became the first Chi Omega Sorority House.

Picture ID: 26

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Severin J. Jeppeson House
271 West Center Street
about 1975
This house was built in 1910 by Severin J. Jeppeson and his wife Emma Thatcher Jeppeson. He was a local musician and leader of the Jeppeson Orchestra.

Picture ID: 25

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Silo
300 South 300 West
about 1976


Picture ID: 128

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

South Main River Bridge
600 South Main Street
about 1923
This bridge has been remodeled many times since it was built in the 1920's.

Picture ID: 98

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

South Main River Bridge
600 South Main Street
about 1923
This bridge has been remodeled many times since it was built in the 1920's.

Picture ID: 97

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

South Main River Bridge
600 South Main Street
about 1923
This bridge has been remodeled many times since it was built in the 1920's.

Picture ID: 99

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

St. John's Episcopal Church Building
85 West 100 North
about 1980
The St. John's Episcopal Church building and vicarage were completed January 1909. The church was built with the community in mind, providing a library, rooms for reading, games, club meetings and informal gatherings.

Picture ID: 39

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Sunshine Terrace
225 North 200 West
about 1970
Begun in 1968, this is the third campus for Sunshine Terrace.

Picture ID: 54

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Sunshine Terrace
225 North 200 West
about 1980
Begun in 1968, this is the third campus for Sunshine Terrace.

Picture ID: 53

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Swagman's Imports Store
48 Federal Avenue
about 1976
Swagman's imports was owned by Richard Wagstaff. Over the years, many businesses have been located in this building. One of the earliest was the Cache Valley Herald newspaper.

Picture ID: 225

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Telluride Power Plant
Logan Canyon
About 1910


Picture ID: 267

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Temple Barn
369 East 200 North
about 1976
The Temple Barn was built early in the Summer of 1877 for the purpose of housing the livestock, wagons and equipment used during the construction of the Logan LDS Temple (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

Picture ID: 129

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Temple Barn
369 East 200 North
about 1980
The Temple Barn was built early in the Summer of 1877 for the purpose of housing the livestock, wagons and equipment used during the construction of the Logan LDS Temple (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

Picture ID: 81

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Temple Barn
369 East 200 North
1973
The Temple Barn was built early in the Summer of 1877 for the purpose of housing the livestock, wagons and equipment used during the construction of the Logan LDS Temple (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

Picture ID: 212

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)
clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17    Next Page
clear