LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

Logan Parade
200 North Main
about 1919
This photo is part of the Holmgren Collection

Picture ID: 91

Source: Holmgren Photo Collection

Logan Parade
200 North Main
about 1919
This photo is part of the Holmgren Collection

Picture ID: 92

Source: Holmgren Photo Collection

Logan Parade
200 North Main
about 1919
This photo is part of the Holmgren Collection

Picture ID: 87

Source: Holmgren Photo Collection

Logan Roller Rink
101 East Center
about 1980
The Logan Pavilion was constructed in 1904. It was a popular dance hall with music provided by the Thatcher Orchestra. Originally the wall panels could be removed in the summer. Later, it was used as a roller skating rink until 2005.

Picture ID: 95

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan Sugar Factory
Highway 91
about 1905
The Logan Sugar factory, one of five in Cache Valley, was built in 1901 by David Eccles and Charles Nibley. It was located just south of Logan and was originally built to process or slice 350 tons of beets per day, a typical size of the period. By 1910 the factory was processing about 60,000 tons of beets per year. It was in operation for twenty-five years.

Picture ID: 50L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Logan Sugar Factory Workers
Highway 91
about 1925
The Logan Sugar factory building, completed in 1901, was processing about 60,000 tons of beets per year by 1910. It was closed in 1926 due to the white fly infestation and closed permanently in 1936.

Picture ID: 82

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

Logan Tabernacle
50 North Main
about 1980
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891.

Picture ID: 33

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan Tabernacle
50 North Main
1894
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891.

Picture ID: 46L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Logan Tabernacle
50 North Main
1891
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891. The tower was completed after the dedication.

Picture ID: 48L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Logan Tabernacle
50 North Main
about 1885
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891. This image was taken before the tower was completed.

Picture ID: 318

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Logan Tabernacle
50 North Main
about 1980
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891.

Picture ID: 35

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan Tabernacle and Tourist Booth
50 North Main
about 1980
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891.

Picture ID: 34

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan Tabernacle Tower
50 North Main
about 1980
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891.

Picture ID: 298

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan Temple
175 North 300 West
about 1900
Construction on the Logan Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1877 and it was completed in 1884. The architect was Truman O. Angell, Jr. and Charles O. Card was the construction superintendent.

Picture ID: 12L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Logan Temple
170 North 300 East
about 1980
Construction on the Logan Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1877 and it was completed in 1884. The architect was Truman O. Angell, Jr. and Charles O. Card was the construction superintendent.

Picture ID: 30

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan Temple
175 North 300 East
about 1980
Construction on the Logan Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1877 and it was completed in 1884. The architect was Truman O. Angell, Jr. and Charles O. Card was the construction superintendent.

Picture ID: 31

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan Temple
175 North 300 East
about 1900
Construction on the Logan Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1877 and it was completed in 1884. The architect was Truman O. Angell, Jr. and Charles O. Card was the construction superintendent.

Picture ID: 11L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Logan Temple at Night
170 North 300 East
Unknown Date Date
Construction on the Logan Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1877 and it was completed in 1884. The architect was Truman O. Angell, Jr. and Charles O. Card was the construction superintendent.

Picture ID: 32

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan's Electric Streetcar

about 1925
The Logan Rapid Transit Company was organized by David Eccles in 1910. An electric railroad was constructed from the Oregon Shortline Depot on 600 West, east down Center Street, north up Main Street to Fourth North and then east to the Utah State Agricultural College.

Picture ID: 83

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan's Electric Streetcar
Main Street
about 1915
The electric railroad car ran from the train depot on 600 West, eastward to Main Street, northward to 400 North, and eastward to Utah Agricultural College. Later, branches ran all the way north to Preston and south to Hyrum.

Picture ID: 2L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20    Next Page
clear