LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

George Boeck
90 North 100 East
1973
George Boeck was the fourth director of the Logan Library. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 394

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

George Boeck and Judy MacMahon
90 North 100 East
October 1973
George Boeck was the fourth director of the Logan Library. He is here pictured with Judy MacMahon who later became the fifth director. Click here for more information. This photograph was taken from the Herald Journal Newspaper Photographs Collection.

Picture ID: 385

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

George Boeck Helping a Patron
90 North 100 East
about 1973
George Boeck was the fourth director of the Logan Library. Click here for more information. This photograph was taken from the Herald Journal Newspaper Photographs Collection.

Picture ID: 382

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

George H. Champ House
191 East 100 North
about 1960
This house was built in 1915 by George Herbert Champ. In 1892 Mr. Champ came to Cache Valley and soon after founded the Utah Mortgage and Loan Company. The firm, in 1903, spawned the Cache Valley Banking Company.

Picture ID: 372

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

George H. Champ House
191 East 100 North
1998
This house was built in 1915 by George Herbert Champ. In 1892 Mr. Champ came to Cache Valley and soon after founded the Utah Mortgage and Loan Company. The firm, in 1903, spawned the Cache Valley Banking Company.

Picture ID: 494

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

George L. Farrell House
109-111 North 200 West
1978
This building is a duplex built in about 1862 as a polygamist home by George L. Farrell. It is a two story structure built of Swan Peak quartzite which is found locally.

Picture ID: 8

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

George L. Farrell House
109-111 North 200 West
about 1980
This building is a duplex built in about 1862 as a polygamist home by George L. Farrell. It is a two story structure built of Swan Peak quartzite which is found locally.

Picture ID: 6

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

George L. Farrell House
109-111 North 200 West
1998
This building is a duplex built in about 1862 as a polygamist home by George L. Farrell. It is a two story structure built of Swan Peak quartzite which is found locally.

Picture ID: 487

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

George L. Farrell House
109-111 North 200 West
1978
This building is a duplex built in about 1862 as a polygamist home by George L. Farrell. It is a two story structure built of Swan Peak quartzite which is found locally.

Picture ID: 7

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

George Nelson Fieldhouse
Utah State University Campus
about 1960
Constructed in 1939, the George Nelson Fieldhouse is a multi-purpose arena on the campus of Utah State University. As a 6,500-seat arena, it was home to the Utah State University men's basketball team until the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum opened in 1970. Though the Fieldhouse no longer serves the USU basketball teams, it remains the primary venue for home varsity indoor track meets.

Picture ID: 594

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

George W. Thatcher

Ninth mayor of Logan, Utah. This is a photograph taken from a collection of former mayor photographs which is hanging in Logan City Hall. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 443

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

George W. Thatcher, Sr. House
35 West 100 South
about 1980
The house was built in the 1870's by George W. Thatcher, Sr. It was remodeled, the front stairway was added, and for a time was used as student housing. The Thatcher-Young mansion was restored and is now an art gallery for the Alliance for the Varied Arts.

Picture ID: 11

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

George W. Thatcher, Sr. House
35 West 100 South
1998
The house was built in the 1870's by George W. Thatcher, Sr. It was remodeled, the front stairway was added, and for a time was used as student housing. The Thatcher-Young mansion was restored and is now an art gallery for the Alliance for the Varied Arts.

Picture ID: 479

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

Gladiolus Exhibit
90 North 100 East
September 24, 1932
Gladiolus exhibit by George B. Bowen (including snapdragons and dahlias). This exhibit was part of an activity in the library by the Logan Flower Garden Club.

Picture ID: 379

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

Glenn's Electric Motor & Supply Company
501 North Main Street
about 1976


Picture ID: 258

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Group of Shoshone Indians
Unknown Location Location
Unknown Date
The Shoshone are the indigenous Native American tribes which lived in and around Cache Valley for thousands of years before Europeans migrated into the area. Clashes arose, most notably the Bear Lake Massacre resulting in the deaths of hundreds of natives.

Picture ID: 21L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

H. Craig Peterson

Thirty-seventh mayor of Logan, Utah. This is a photograph taken from a collection of former mayor photographs which is hanging in Logan City Hall. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 471

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

Hailstone Meet and Other Businesses
535-541 North Main Street
about 1976
This photo includes Hailstone Meat, Artistic Beauty Salon, and Tots To Teens Clothing Store.

Picture ID: 251

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Hall Business Service
47 West 300 South
1973


Picture ID: 183

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

Harvesting Ice
Unknown Location Location
about 1910
It was hard work getting the ice out of the pond, taking 10 to 14 days with 15 men working long days to get the ice in. They used long saws to cut chunks two feet by three feet, 18 inches thick in a cold winter, then pushed the chunks along with sharp pointed pipe poles and floated these chunks to an elevator for loading and into the storage building to be packed with sawdust. With the building full they would usually have enough ice to last through the summer. One such company locally was Mortensen’s Ice Company, located at 900 South Main.

Picture ID: 84L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection
clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35    Next Page
clear