LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

"Pathfinder" Touring car
Logan Canyon
about 1910
Roy Cardon sits on his 1908 "Pathfinder". Roy's car was one of the first in Logan.

Picture ID: 6L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

32 Main Street Looking Southward
32 Main Street
about 1900
Early view of Main Street looking southward from 32 North.

Picture ID: 323

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

A&W Root Beer Drive In
701 North Main
1973
This image shows the A&W restaurant as the construction began in 1973.

Picture ID: 203

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

A&W Root Beer Drive In
701 North Main
1973
This image shows the A&W restaurant when the construction was finished in 1973.

Picture ID: 204

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

A. G. Lundstrom House
463 East 100 South
about 1890
Mayor Lundstrom and his family in front of their home about 1890. Andrew G. Lundstrom was the mayor of Logan 1926-1940.

Picture ID: 53L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

A.H. Palmer and Sons
186 North Main
about 1980
Established in 1888 by Alfred Henry Palmer, A.H. Palmer and Sons is among the oldest family run businesses in the state of Utah. The company has been at this location since about 1915.

Picture ID: 295

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Aaron D. Thatcher House
63 East 100 South
about 1976
This house was built in 1904 by Aaron D. Thatcher. Thatcher was at one time the general manager of A.D. & M/ Thatcher Company, Thatcher Union Mills Company, and Thatcher Brothers Bank. He came to Cache Valley in 1836 from Illinois.

Picture ID: 246

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Aerial View of Logan
Logan, Utah
April 1979
Taken April 1979 from Stan Spence Hot Air Balloon looking northward. House in the Center of the photograph is the Rex Sandberg Home. There is now an Arby’s located just to the west and a Wal-Mart to the East of where that home stood. Houses at lower right are James Bradley, Nellie Tarbet, and Harry Jensen. Logan River at top and Spring Creek in center. Donated by David R. Sandberg.

Picture ID: 278

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Scenery

Agricultural Equipment in Petersboro
Petersboro, Utah
July 1910
Agricultural equipment in Petersboro, Utah, July 1910. Big 4 gas tractor is on the left. To the right of a sign announcing "Petersboro Spur" is a flat car carrying the latest model case metal body separator thresher with power feeder and blower for stacking straw.

Picture ID: 9L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Alpine Ski Shop
1094 North Main
about 1980
A photograph of the Alpine Ski Shop, Ed Harris proprietor.

Picture ID: 314

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Al's Fix-It Shop
25 West 600 North
about 1976
Owned by Alfred C. Peterson, this shop specialized mostly in fixing lawnmowers. He is remembered for his honesty and kindness and passed away in 1983.

Picture ID: 150

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Al's Sporting Goods
99 West Center
1973
Al's Sporting Goods has been found in a variety of locations through the years. Stork's Landing, a store featuring child and infant products, is in this building currently. Also viewable in image is Earl's Printing Company.

Picture ID: 184

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

Anderson Lumber Truck
Center Street and Main
July 25, 1930
This photograph taken during the 1930 24th of July Parade shows a drum of raffle tickets on the bed of an Anderson Lumber Company truck.

Picture ID: 7L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Baugh Motel
153 South Main
about 1965
The Baugh Motel was built in 1915.

Picture ID: 64

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Baugh Motor Company
140 South Main Street
about 1976
The Baugh Motor Company was owned and operated by Dean C. and Wilford P. Baugh. The building is no longer standing.

Picture ID: 227

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Baugh/Farnes/Nelson House
32 South 600 West
about 1976
This house was built sometime after 1884 by George H. and Elizabeth (Knowles) Baugh. Baugh worked for many years as the Express Agent for the railroad. After Baugh, the home was owned by a Mr. M. Mauritsen. In 1916 Arthur and Zina (Stratton) Farnes purchased the home and subsequently raised their six children there. Arthur died in 1928 and Zina in 1950. Their daughter Flora and her husband Arta Vaughn Nelson then owned the house until shortly after her death in 1991.

Picture ID: 163

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Bear River Dam
Cutler Canyon
1894
The dam was built to divert water to canals for irrigation in Box Elder Valley.

Picture ID: 34L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Big Boy Steam Engine
Ogden Train Depot
Spring 1982
In the Spring of 1982 this old steam engine came down out of Weber Canyon. It's indicative of the old time engines which used to come in and out of Logan.

Picture ID: 1L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Blair Motor Company
61 West 100 North
about 1920
Clarence & Alvin Nielsen repairing a car in Blair garage. The garage was housed in a building which at one point held the Logan City offices and then later the First District Court. It has since been demolished.

Picture ID: 5L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Bridgerland Motel
43 East 100 South
about 1976
Built in 1940, this motel has been in use for many years. It is currently the Old Trapper Inn.

Picture ID: 245

Source: Community Development Photo Collection
clear
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20    Next Page
clear