Literary Elements: You Are What You Read - Adult Summer Reading Program 2014
Adult Summer Reading Program 2014
Our summer reading program reminds you that you are what you read! Come in to the library today and discover great books that can bring you to life and become a part of who you are!
When is the Adult Summer Reading Program?
June 2nd - August 30th
Who Can Participate?
Adults, and teens not interested in the teen summer reading program.
What can I read?
Anything counts: books, newspapers, magazines, articles on the Web, listening to audiobooks, etc. If you are looking for a good book, our adult services librarians have put together a couple suggested reading lists for summer, both fiction and nonfiction.
How Does it Work?
You can pick up everything you need to get started at the Information Desk starting June 2nd. Participate in one or more of the following ways as much or as little as you like:
- Reading Punch Booklet
- Set a reading goal and keep track of your reading in the booklet provided
- Get your booklet punched throughout the season at the library Information Desk (once for every hour of reading or listening)
- Return the booklet to the Information Desk by August 30 to be entered into the season's end drawing (one entry for every five punches/hours of reading)
- Complete a scavenger hunt
- Return the completed scavenger hunt to the Information Desk for one entry in the season's end drawing
- Get additional scavenger hunts at the Information Desk
- Write a review of a book, audiobook or article
- Return the completed review to the Information Desk for one entry in the season's end drawing
- Get additional review sheets at the Information Desk
A drawing for prizes will be held during the first week of September. Two grand prize winners will receive a $50 gift card to Hastings, Amazon.com, or Walmart. Ten other winners will be able to choose from a selection of smaller prizes.