Exercise your mind. READ! - Adult Summer Reading Program 2016
Adult Summer Reading Program 2016
Our summer reading program for adults can help all of you who are Dreaming of Paradise. You can pick up everything you need to get started at the Information Desk.
When is the Adult Summer Reading Program?
June 1st - August 31st
Who Can Participate?
Adults, and teens not interested in the teen summer reading program.
What can I read?
Anything counts: books, newspapers, magazines, articles on the Web, listening to audiobooks, etc. If you are looking for a good book, check out some of reading suggestions found on our Books and Reading pages, our adult services librarians have put together a couple suggested reading lists for summer, both fiction and nonfiction.
How Does it Work?
You can pick up everything you need to get started at the Information Desk starting June 1st. Participate in one or more of the following ways as much or as little as you like:
- Reading Bookmarks
- Keep track of the hours you read or listen to a book by marking the monthly bookmark provided (we don't care how or what you read)
- At the end of each month, turn in the bookmark to the Information Desk to receive the following month's bookmark
- All bookmarks turned in before the library closes on August 31st will be entered into the season's end drawing (one entry for every five hours of reading)
Reading Bingo Challenge
- Write a short review of a book, audiobook, or article you have read June through August on the sheet provided
- Return the completed review to the Information Desk before the library closes on August 31st for an entry into the season's end drawing (one entry per review)
- Read books fitting the descriptions in five boxes in a row (vertical, horizontal, diagonal) on the bingo board provided and mark off the boxes as you finish them
- Bring the completed bingo board to the Information Desk before the library closes on August 31st for entries into the season's end drawing (five entries per bingo)
A drawing for prizes will be held during the first week of September. Two grand prizewinners will choose a $50 gift card to Hastings, Wal-Mart, or Amazon.com.
Ten other winners will be able to choose from a selection of smaller prizes.