Viewing category: Events
Wednesday, 13 April 2016
National Library Week - Community Fair
April 10-16 is National Library Week
, a time to highlight the changing role of libraries.
We are celebrating with our 3rd Annual Community Fair!
Come see the Cache Makers as they demo the library's 3-D printer, make paper circuits, share programmable Sphero Balls and more!
When: Saturday, April 16th - 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Where: The Logan Library
- 3rd Annual Community Fair. Groups from around the valley will be there to entertain and inform you.
- 1st ever Logan Library Maker Faire. Come see a 3-D printer and an aerial drone in action, program a Sphero Ball or create a duct tape work of art, plus much more.
- Logan Library Book Store will be open with great deals on used books.
Come join us for free balloon animals, free popcorn, and fun for everyone!
Posted By Logan Library at 12:11 PM
Monday, 11 April 2016
Logan Library to Celebrate 100 Years!
On the 18th of April, 1916
, George Thomas, W.R. Owen, and H.E. Hatch appeared before the Logan City Board of Commissioners with a petition to "establish and maintain a public library and reading room", which was approved.
The library has been celebrating all year long with activities scheduled on the 18th of each month to celebrate each decade the library has been open.
Now, we are going to have a big party!
When: Monday, April 18th, All Day
Where: The Logan Library
Come celebrate with us!
- All Day in the Library: Music from the last 100 years, Displays from past decade events, Centennial READ poster displays, Commemorative Centennial Buttons and Stickers, Photobooth, Cupcakes and more
- Carnival from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.: Celebrate the Logan Library's 100th Birthday with us, as we throw an old-fashioned carnival! We'll have face painting, balloon animals, a clown, and lots of games and prizes. The Carnival will take place throughout the library.
- Formal Centennial Program 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.: Video message from Governer Herbert, plus other state and local dignitaries, Centennial Song "100 Years of Words" performed by Children's Choir, 100th year birthday cake.
Posted By Logan Library at 10:18 AM
Tuesday, 5 April 2016
Library Open Late Friday
Join us this Friday for three very special evening events.
When: Friday, April 8th from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Where: Logan Library
- We are very excited to announce that, in an effort to strengthen the tradition of storytelling in Northern Utah, we are partnering with the Cache Valley Storytelling Festival.
We will be hosting a "Cache Valley Story Swap" from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the Lake Bonneville Room. The "Story Swap" is open to everyone. Come and listen to others, or share a story of your own. Take the opportunity to enjoy the art of storytelling.
- We are also participating in the CVCA Gallery Walk:
We are delighted to welcome Rasmussen Pottery. K. Rasmussen has been working in clay for over 26 years. Some call him a "Renaissance Man," for K. has been a ski instructor, builder, art professor, draftsman, and surveyor. He received a Masters Degree in Fine Arts at Utah State University.
Much of his inspiration comes from what he sees in nature. K. endeavors to create pieces that are artistic as well as functional.
The Rasmussen Pottery Collection is art with a function. The pottery is handmade and original, not molded or mass-produced.
- Come and see the Historic Photo Wall in the Virginia Hansen Special Collections Room. This display features historic photographs of Logan, submitted by various individuals, that tell the story of the city.
about the Cache Valley Storytelling Festival
about the CVCA Gallery Walk
about Rasmussen Pottery
Posted By Logan Library at 4:09 PM
The Latest News!