Logan Library Logo Contest
This document describes the official rules of the Logan Library Logo Design Contest. The object of this contest is to design a logo for the Logan Library. Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.
Logan Library Mission Statement
The Logan Library provides a variety of informational, educational, and recreational resources to all the people residing in Logan City in an atmosphere that encourages individual usage and inspires personal and community enlightenment. The Logan Library cooperates with other libraries and service organizations in providing and promoting programs and other activities that reflect the needs and interests of the community to enhance the quality of life.
"Entry" means a logo design created by the Entrant for this Contest.
"Entrant" means the individual that offers the Entry under the terms of this Contest.
- Contest judges and their immediate family are not eligible to enter the Contest.
How to Enter
- Initial entries must be submitted in one of the following ways.
- Uploaded to the library web site using the form at library.loganutah.org/logocontest.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line of "Logan Library Logo Contest".
- Turned in at the library in an electronic format (flash drive, CD/DVD disc, etc.)
- The entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in EPS format, and also as a JPG. See the Submission Guidelines below for further information.
- Entries must include the name, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
- No more than 3 entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
- Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- The logo contest will begin on September 15, 2012. All entries must be submitted by midnight on November 15, 2012.
- We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in email.
- There is no fee to enter the contest.
The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Logan Library. The logo will be used online, in print, on publications and in displays.
- Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
- The logo needs to look good at relatively small sizes as well as larger sizes.
- Entrants should take care to ensure that their entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images.
- The logo should not contain any text.
- Due to the requirement for high quality printing and re-sizing, entries must be submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS) or similar high quality and adjustable format. Entry should also be submitted as a JPG.
- We advise against the use of halftones and gradients unless created inside a vector graphics program. Color must be CMYK or RGB, no spot colors.
- Shape of the logo would be preferably a shape that would look good in the 'O' in Logan on the Logan City official Logo. If you need a copy of the Logan City Library Logo, either download it from the contest page or contact the library for a copy.
| Logan Blue Colors:
- Since the library and the logo will need to be considered part of the Logan Library web site and Logan City web site and department designs, please study both the Logan City and the library web site to make sure your logo is compatible with current designs:
The artist whose logo is ultimately selected will receive a certificate of appreciation and be recognized by the Logan City Council for their work.
Judging and selection of the winner
- 1. The winning design will be selected by judges appointed for the purpose and by a Logan Library committee, including library staff and the Library Board. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
- The Logan Library reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- The Logan Library reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to the Logan Library.
- Accepting recognition of the winning design constitutes permission for the Logan Library to make public and otherwise use winner's name for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
- All entries will become the sole property of the Logan Library and may be displayed publicly on the Logan Library web site.
- The Entrant agrees to transfer all right and title to the Entry to the Logan Library in accordance with the Official Rules of this Contest.
Participation constitutes the Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and the Logan Library in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant's participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and the Logan Library and relating to the Contest.