LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

USU David O. McKay Living Center
Utah State University Campus
about 1975
Built in 1962, the facility included the Delta Phi fraternity house and LDS dormitories.

Picture ID: 660

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

USU Dee Glen Smith Spectrum Building
Utah State University Campus
about 1975
Ground was broken in 1968 and the building was dedicated on December 1, 1970. It was first known as the USU Assembly Center, it was changed to the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum in 1971.

Picture ID: 656

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

USU Dormitories
Utah State University Campus
about 1975
Picture of the East and West high rise dormitories.

Picture ID: 657

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

USU Edith Bowen Laboratory School
Utah State University Campus
about 1975
The original 1928 site for the campus was the old Whittier School in Logan, Utah. This facility served as a teacher training site for the College of Education until the laboratory school was moved to the campus of USU in 1957 and was formally named Edith Bowen Laboratory School. A new facility was completed on campus in 2004.

Picture ID: 659

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

USU Engineering and Physical Science Building
Utah State University Campus
about 1965
The Engineering and Physical Science Building was built in 1961. It was a laboratory, classroom, and office building.

Picture ID: 653

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

USU George Nelson Fieldhouse
Utah State University Campus
about 1975
The fieldhouse was constructed in 1939 and was the home of the Utah State University men's basketball team. The team got a new home in 1971 when the Spectrum was completed.

Picture ID: 658

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

USU President's Home
Utah State University Campus
1973
The Utah State University presidentÂ’s home has been remodeled and is currently the David B. Haight Alumni House.

Picture ID: 192

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

USU Spectrum
900 North 800 East
Unknown Date
A view inside the Spectrum at Utah State University.

Picture ID: 304

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

USU Student Stake Center Building
650 North 1200 East
about 1955
This meetinghouse, designed by James H. McCrea, was built as the U.S.U. Stake Center. It also has contained the USU First, Fifth, Seventh and Eighth wards. Groundbreaking occurred on May 2, 1961 by President David O McKay. Construction was completed in 1962 and has since been fondly known as "The Golden Toaster". In 2012 a land swap was approved by the trustee of Utah State University that gave this building to the University and land to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The building was raised in 2017.

Picture ID: 648

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

USU Student Stake Center Building
650 North 1200 East
about 1960
This meetinghouse, designed by James H. McCrea, was built as the U.S.U. Stake Center. It also has contained the USU First, Fifth, Seventh and Eighth wards. Groundbreaking occurred on May 2, 1961 by President David O McKay. Construction was completed in 1962 and has since been fondly known as "The Golden Toaster". In 2012 a land swap was approved by the trustee of Utah State University that gave this building to the University and land to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The building was raised in 2017.

Picture ID: 299

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

USU Student Union Building
Utah State University Campus
about 1975
Built in 1952, the student Unioin Building has been a center for student life ever since. In 1979, after Glen L. Taggart retired as USUÂ’s 11th president, the building was named the Taggart Student Center.

Picture ID: 655

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

Utah Agricultural College
Utah State University Campus
1906
Utah Agricultural College became Utah State University in 1957.

Picture ID: 269

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Utah Agricultural College from Island Area

about 1940


Picture ID: 48

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

Utah Agricultural College from Island Area

about 1940


Picture ID: 47

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

Utah Agricultural College from Island Area

about 1940
Utah Agricultural College became Utah State University in 1957.

Picture ID: 217

Source: Holmgren Photo Collection

Utah Agricultural College Hill
Utah State University Campus
1897
This is a view of college hill, including Old Main in the center. The Mechanical Arts Building to the right had just been completed.

Picture ID: 75L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Utah State Agricultural College
Utah State University Campus
about 1940
Utah Agricultural College became Utah State University in 1957.

Picture ID: 291

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

Utah State Agricultural College Library
Utah State University Campus
about 1955
Utah Agricultural College became Utah State University in 1957.

Picture ID: 475

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

Utah State University Campus
Utah State University Campus
about 1960
An image of Utah State University campus, viewed from the air looking northwest.

Picture ID: 370

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

Utah State University Student Housing
Utah State University Campus
about 1960
Pictured is Aggie Village in the top of the picture. The student living trailer park on the right of the picture has been closed since about 2010. Other various dormatories are also pictured.

Picture ID: 368

Source: John F. Robinson Collection
clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37    Next Page
clear