LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection. Submit your photo to be included in the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

Stage in Ellen Eccles Theater
43 South Main
about 1991
The Capitol Theater, built as a performance theater in 1923, was changed into a movie house and later allowed to deteriorate. After a fire in January 1990, restoration was completed in 1993. It was renamed "The Ellen Eccles Theatre" in honor of the prominent Logan matriarch who is known for her contributions to the Cache Valley Community. Each summer the Utah Festival Opera Company performs several operas and musical productions at the Ellen Eccles Theater.

This is a photograph of the stage before the 1993 restoration.

Picture ID: 309

Source: John F. Robinson Collection


Sunada Sisters
90 North 100 East
March 1964
Cheryl and Sheila Sunada, daughters of George Sundada, worked at the library for several years.

Picture ID: 402

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

Sunshine Terrace
225 North 200 West
about 1980
Begun in 1968, this is the third campus for Sunshine Terrace.

Picture ID: 53

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

Sunshine Terrace
225 North 200 West
about 1970
Begun in 1968, this is the third campus for Sunshine Terrace.

Picture ID: 54

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

Swagman's Imports Store
48 Federal Avenue
about 1976
Swagman's imports was owned by Richard Wagstaff. Over the years, many businesses have been located in this building. One of the earliest was the Cache Valley Herald newspaper.

Picture ID: 225

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

T. Earl Hunsaker

Twenty-fifth mayor of Logan, Utah. This is a photograph taken from a collection of former mayor photographs which is hanging in Logan City Hall. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 459

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

T.E. Kidd, J.J. Jiles & D.T. Murdock
Grimsley, England
1912
T.E. Kidd, J.J. Jiles and D.T. Murdock seemingly all of Cache Valley, Utah. This photo is included in a collection of early LDS mission photographs taken in England. They were found amongst other materials which were donated to the Logan Library as part of the Everton Collection. If you know something about the person pictured, please let us know.

Picture ID: 365

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

Ted S. Perry

Twenty-eighth mayor of Logan, Utah. This is a photograph taken from a collection of former mayor photographs which is hanging in Logan City Hall. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 462

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

Telluride Power Plant
Logan Canyon
About 1910
Telluride bought out Hercules Power Company in 1903.

Picture ID: 267

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Telluride Power Plant
Logan Canyon
about 1910
Telluride bought out Hercules Power Company in 1903.

Picture ID: 79L

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Temple Barn
369 East 200 North
about 1980
The Temple Barn was built early in the Summer of 1877 for the purpose of housing the livestock, wagons and equipment used during the construction of the Logan LDS Temple (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

Picture ID: 81

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Temple Barn
369 East 200 North
about 1980
The Temple Barn was built early in the Summer of 1877 for the purpose of housing the livestock, wagons and equipment used during the construction of the Logan LDS Temple (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

Picture ID: 80

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Temple Barn
369 East 200 North
about 1976
The Temple Barn was built early in the Summer of 1877 for the purpose of housing the livestock, wagons and equipment used during the construction of the Logan LDS Temple (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

Picture ID: 130

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Temple Barn
369 East 200 North
1973
The Temple Barn was built early in the Summer of 1877 for the purpose of housing the livestock, wagons and equipment used during the construction of the Logan LDS Temple (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

Picture ID: 212

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

Temple Barn
369 East 200 North
about 1976
The Temple Barn was built early in the Summer of 1877 for the purpose of housing the livestock, wagons and equipment used during the construction of the Logan LDS Temple (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

Picture ID: 129

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

Temple Barn
369 East 200 North
about 1980
The Temple Barn was built early in the Summer of 1877 for the purpose of housing the livestock, wagons and equipment used during the construction of the Logan LDS Temple (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

Picture ID: 79

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Thatcher and Hansen's Baseball Team
Logan, Utah
June 9,1905
Undefeated Baseball Champions. U.C.T. Day, Logan Utah. Front row Left to Right: Deacon Earl, Glen Earl, Grant Bateson, Clyde Stoney, Grant Bishop Standing Left to Right: Bud Goodwin, Randal Edwards, Conrad Odell, Bonnie Earl, Millian Earl.

Picture ID: 59L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Thatcher Bank and Opera House
3 South Main
about 1905
The first formally organized bank in Cache Valley was the Thatcher Brothers Banking Company, which opened its doors on January 1, 1883, with an original capital of $58,500.

Picture ID: 327

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Thatcher Bank and Opera House Fire
3 South Main
1912
This picture was taken after the fire that destroyed the Thatcher Bank and Opera House.

Picture ID: 26L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Thatcher Milling and Elevator Company 2
68 West 100 South
about 1935
Built in 1865, the historic Thatcher Mill burned in 1946. The ruins are still visible today.

Picture ID: 65

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37    Next Page
clear