LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection. Submit your photo to be included in the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

Ricks Spring
Logan Canyon
about 1945
Named after Thomas E. Ricks, and early 1859 settler of Cache Valley, the spring is a natural water outflow from a cave in Logan Canyon within the Wasatch-Cache National Forest. The spring has been discovered to not have an artesian source but comes from the Logan River. Ricks Spring is the best known of several springs in an underground water network of the area.

Picture ID: 630

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

Ricks Spring
Logan Canyon
about 1945
Named after Thomas E. Ricks, and early 1859 settler of Cache Valley, the spring is a natural water outflow from a cave in Logan Canyon within the Wasatch-Cache National Forest. The spring has been discovered to not have an artesian source but comes from the Logan River. Ricks Spring is the best known of several springs in an underground water network of the area.

Picture ID: 265

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Scenery

Ricks Spring
Logan Canyon
about 1960
Named after Thomas E. Ricks, and early 1859 settler of Cache Valley, the spring is a natural water outflow from a cave in Logan Canyon within the Wasatch-Cache National Forest. The spring has been discovered to not have an artesian source but comes from the Logan River. Ricks Spring is the best known of several springs in an underground water network of the area.

Picture ID: 347

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

Ricks Spring
Logan Canyon
about 1965
Named after Thomas E. Ricks, and early 1859 settler of Cache Valley, the spring is a natural water outflow from a cave in Logan Canyon within the Wasatch-Cache National Forest. The spring has been discovered to not have an artesian source but comes from the Logan River. Ricks Spring is the best known of several springs in an underground water network of the area.

Picture ID: 644

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

Robert Anderson House
332 West Center Street
about 1978
This home was built in 1908 by Robert Anderson. Mr. Anderson was the general manager of Anderson & Sons Lumber Company and president of the Logan Rapid Transit Company.

Picture ID: 28

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Robert S. Campbell

Third mayor of Logan, Utah. This is a photograph taken from a collection of former mayor photographs which is hanging in Logan City Hall. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 438

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

Robert Shupe
255 North Main
2012
Robert Shupe was the seventh director of the Logan Library. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 400

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

Ronald K. Jenkins
255 North Main
2011
Ronald Jenkins was the sixth director of the Logan Library. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 396

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

Ronald K. Jenkins

about 1983
Ronald Jenkins was the sixth director of the Logan Library. This picture was taken at a staff Christmas party. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 399

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

Ronald K. Jenkins

about 2010
Ronald Jenkins was the sixth director of the Logan Library. This picture was taken at a staff Christmas party. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 435

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

Ronald K. Jenkins
90 North 100 East
about 1981
Ronald Jenkins was the sixth director of the Logan Library. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 397

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

Roy Bullen

Eighteenth mayor of Logan, Utah. This is a photograph taken from a collection of former mayor photographs which is hanging in Logan City Hall. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 452

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

Ruins of the Thatcher Mill
68 West 100 South
1978
The Union Roller Mill was built in 1865 and was later renamed the Thatcher Milling & Elevator Company. In 1888 the millstones in the Thatcher Mill were discarded and steel rollers were installed with an elevator with the capacity of 40,000 of bushels of grain. At the right of the photo is the East Building of the Brigham Young College.

Picture ID: 272

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Russell F. Fjeldsted

Thirty-third mayor of Logan, Utah. This is a photograph taken from a collection of former mayor photographs which is hanging in Logan City Hall. Click here for more information.

Picture ID: 467

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

S&S Roller Coaster
350 West 2500 North
2000
This photograph shows an S&S rollercoaster being built at their plant in North Logan. The Bear River Range of the Wasatch Mountains is in the background.

Picture ID: 302

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Scenery

S.E. Needham Jewelers
137 - 147 North Main Street
about 1976
S.E. Needham Jewelers opened in 1896. Also pictured is Hollywood Beauty College and Sherwin-Williams Pain Company.

Picture ID: 226

Source: Community Development Photo Collection

S.E. Needham Jewelers
141 North Main
about 1980
This building was constructed in 1904 by Louie Thomas, an assistant instructor at the Utah Agricultural College. In 1909 John H. Anderson moved his store the building. The store continued to function until the middle part of the 1960's when S.E. Needham Jewelers moved to this location.

Picture ID: 60

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Sami Trappers and Unknown Men
Unknown Location
about 1910
Previously the men in this photograph were unidentified, but thanks to professor Thomas Dubois of UW Madison and his Sami contacts), we have learned that the two men in the middle are Sami men from around Karesuando, Sweden. It appears that the Sami men are in America and the two Americans are visiting near their camp and buying Sami handicraft. Based on the clothing, the photograph was taken around 1910. This is consistent with a larger number of Sami coming to the United States in order to help in Alaska with the gold rush and "The Reindeer Project."

Picture ID: 82L

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

Sarah (Foster) Blair
Unknown Location
about 1860
Sarah Jane Foster, daughter of George & Jane (McCullough) Foster, was born July 31, 1836 in Ohio. In 1853 she married Seth M. Blair. She died in Logan, Utah in 1910.

Picture ID: 562

Source: Whit Young Collection

Sardine Canyon Road
Sardine Canyon
about 1970
This postcard image shows US 89 entering Cache County through Wellsville (or Sardine) Canyon. Pictured are the flats about where one currently finds the entrance to Sherwood Hills on the left.

Picture ID: 284

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Scenery
clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37    Next Page
clear