LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection. Submit your photo to be included in the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

Logan River
Logan Canyon
about 1945


Picture ID: 633

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

Logan River
Logan Canyon
about 1945


Picture ID: 631

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

Logan River
Logan Canyon
about 1945


Picture ID: 263

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

Logan River
Logan Canyon
about 1975


Picture ID: 649

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

Logan River
Logan Canyon
September 1930


Picture ID: 666

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Scenery

Logan River
Logan Canyon
about 1945


Picture ID: 264

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Scenery

Logan River
Logan Canyon
about 1939


Picture ID: 667

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Scenery

Logan River
Logan Canyon
about 1965


Picture ID: 645

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

Logan Roller Rink
101 East Center
about 1980
The Logan Pavilion was constructed in 1904. It was a popular dance hall with music provided by the Thatcher Orchestra. Originally the wall panels could be removed in the summer. Later, it was used as a roller skating rink until 2005.

Picture ID: 95

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan Sugar Factory
Highway 91
about 1905
The Logan Sugar factory, one of five in Cache Valley, was built in 1901 by David Eccles and Charles Nibley. It was located just south of Logan and was originally built to process or slice 350 tons of beets per day, a typical size of the period. By 1910 the factory was processing about 60,000 tons of beets per year. It was in operation for twenty-five years.

Picture ID: 50L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Logan Sugar Factory Workers
Highway 91
about 1925
The Logan Sugar factory building, completed in 1901, was processing about 60,000 tons of beets per year by 1910. It was closed in 1926 due to the white fly infestation and closed permanently in 1936.

Picture ID: 82

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-People

Logan Tabernacle
50 North Main
1891
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891. The tower was completed after the dedication.

Picture ID: 48L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Logan Tabernacle
50 North Main
about 1885
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891. This image was taken before the tower was completed.

Picture ID: 318

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

Logan Tabernacle
50 North Main
about 1970
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891.

Picture ID: 637

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

Logan Tabernacle
50 North Main
about 1975
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891.

Picture ID: 638

Source: Darrin Smith Photo Collection

Logan Tabernacle
50 North Main
about 1980
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891.

Picture ID: 33

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan Tabernacle
50 North Main
1894
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891.

Picture ID: 46L

Source: Ray Somers Photo Collection

Logan Tabernacle
50 North Main
about 1980
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891.

Picture ID: 35

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan Tabernacle and Tourist Booth
50 North Main
about 1980
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891.

Picture ID: 34

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

Logan Tabernacle Interior
50 North Main
about 1920
Construction on the Tabernacle (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1865. Volunteers from throughout the valley helped to construct the building. It was dedicated November 1, 1891. The tower was completed after the dedication.

Picture ID: 664

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings
clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39    Next Page
clear