LoganLibraryLogo Logan Library

Logan History - Historic Photo Collection

This is a free resource of historical photographs that depict the history of Logan City and Cache Valley. If you use these photographs, please credit the Logan Library. Send us an email if you would like to comment on the collection.

Keyword search:

Select a collection:

clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35    Next Page
clear
Photo Title Description

Logan Historic House
280 North Main
1973
The history of this historic house in Logan is unknown. It was moved in 1973 to make way for the Commercial Security Bank (currently Key Bank). If you know something about it, please let us know. The address is approximate and has not been verified.

Picture ID: 207

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

Logan Historic House
280 North Main
1973
The history of this historic house in Logan is unknown. It was moved in 1973 to make way for the Commercial Security Bank (currently Key Bank). If you know something about it, please let us know. The address is approximate and has not been verified.

Picture ID: 208

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

Logan Historic House
141 East 200 South
1971
The history of this historic house in Logan is unknown. At the time of this photograph, the house was owned by George and Susan Sunada. If you know something about it, please let us know. The address is approximate and has not been verified.

Picture ID: 210

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

Logan Historic House
141 East 200 South
1972
The history of this historic house in Logan is unknown. At the time of this photograph, the house was owned by George and Susan Sunada and was in the middle of a significant remodel. If you know something about it, please let us know. The address is approximate and has not been verified.

Picture ID: 211

Source: Logan Beautification Committee (1973)

Logan Junior High School and Seminary
Unknown Location Location Address
about 1980


Picture ID: 44

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan LDS First Ward Building
89 South 200 West
1998
The first ward of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Logan was organized November 14th, 1859, with William B. Preston as bishop and George L. Farrell as the clerk. Bishops served without counselors until 1877. The ward was organized by Apostles E. T. Benson and Orson Hyde, with Peter Maughan assisting. The building is now the home of both the Logan 1st and 2nd Wards.

Picture ID: 481

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

Logan LDS Institute Building
600 Darwin Avenue
about 1940
This postcard image depicted the Institute of Religion of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is located on the Logan campus of Utah State University. Constructed in 1928, it is oldest functioning institute building in the church.

Picture ID: 474

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

Logan LDS Institute Building
600 Darwin Avenue
about 1980
The Institute of Religion of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is located on the Logan campus of Utah State University. Constructed in 1928, it is oldest functioning institute building in the church.

Picture ID: 36

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan LDS Sixth Ward Building Interior
395 South Main
about 1920
This photo depicts some of the work of artist John P. Holmgren. It has been identified as the interior of the old Logan LDS Sixth Ward building which was constructed in 1917 and sold in the late 1970's. It has housed the Maranatha Baptist Church and other religious congregations since that time who have remodeled the gable design and painted the brick exterior.

This photo is part of the Holmgren Collection

Picture ID: 236

Source: Holmgren Photo Collection


Logan LDS Temple
175 North 300 East
about 1980
Construction on the Logan Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1877 and it was completed in 1884. The architect was Truman O. Angell, Jr. and Charles O. Card was the construction superintendent.

Picture ID: 31

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan LDS Temple
Logan, Utah
About 1944
Construction on the Logan Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1877 and it was completed in 1884. The architect was Truman O. Angell, Jr. and Charles O. Card was the construction superintendent.

Picture ID: 516

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan LDS Temple
170 North 300 East
about 1980
Construction on the Logan Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1877 and it was completed in 1884. The architect was Truman O. Angell, Jr. and Charles O. Card was the construction superintendent.

Picture ID: 30

Source: John F. Robinson Collection

Logan LDS Temple
175 East 300 North
about 1940
Construction on the Logan Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) began in 1877 and it was completed in 1884. The architect was Truman O. Angell, Jr. and Charles O. Card was the construction superintendent.

Picture ID: 289

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan Library
90 North 100 East
about 1970
The Logan Library was previously known as the Cache County Library. This photograph was taken from the Herald Journal Newspaper Photographs Collection.

Picture ID: 384

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

Logan Library
East 100 North
about 1923
This view of first north looking east from Main includes a "public library" sign in the lower middle of the picture. The first location of the library was in the LDS Tithing Office (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) on 41 East and 100 North, which building was constructed in the late 1880's.

Picture ID: 70

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Buildings

Logan Library
90 North 100 East
about 1983
The old Logan Library building was built in 1932 and operated for many years as the Cache County Library. The architect was Mr. Leslie Hodgson. The library moved to its present location in 1985. This photo shows the southwest corner of the old library building.

Picture ID: 405

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

Logan Library
90 North 100 East
about 1983
The old Logan Library building was built in 1932 and operated for many years as the Cache County Library. The architect was Mr. Leslie Hodgson. The library moved to its present location in 1985. This photo shows the west side (main entrance) of the old library building.

Picture ID: 406

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

Logan Library
90 North 100 East
about 1983
The old Logan Library building was built in 1932 and operated for many years as the Cache County Library. The architect was Mr. Leslie Hodgson. The library moved to its present location in 1985. This photo shows the northeast corner of the old library building.

Picture ID: 407

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

Logan Library
90 North 100 East
about 1983
The old Logan Library building was built in 1932 and operated for many years as the Cache County Library. The architect was Mr. Leslie Hodgson. The library moved to its present location in 1985. This photo shows the northwest corner of the old library building.

Picture ID: 408

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History

Logan Library Building
90 North 100 East
about 1985
The old Logan Library building was built in 1932 and operated for many years as the Cache County Library. The architect was Mr. Leslie Hodgson.

Picture ID: 268

Source: Logan Library Photo Collection-Library History
clear
«-Previous Page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35    Next Page
clear